|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| -30s -20s -10s - 0s - 10s 20s 30s
|Years:||-2 -1 0 - 1 - 2 3 4|
|1 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1 |
|Ab urbe condita||754|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1843 – -1842|
|Coptic calendar||-283 – -282|
|Ethiopian calendar||-7 – -6|
|Hebrew calendar||3761 – 3762|
|- Vikram Samvat||56 – 57|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3102 – 3103|
|Iranian calendar||621 BP – 620 BP|
|Islamic calendar||640 BH – 639 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 661|
|Thai solar calendar||544|
- Tiberius, under order of Augustus, quells revolts in Germania (1–5).
- Gaius Caesar and Lucius Aemilius Paullus are appointed as consuls.
- Gaius Caesar marries Livilla, daughter of Antonia Minor and Nero Claudius Drusus, in an effort to gain prestige.
- Quirinius becomes a chief advisor to Gaius in Armenia. Gnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus whose father Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus had served as Consul in 16 BC also serves in the Armenia campaigns.
- Lions become extinct in Western Europe.
- The Aqua Alsienta aqueduct is constructed.
- Silk appears in Rome.
- Areius Paianeius becomes Archon of Athens.
- Start of the Yuanshi era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- Confucius is given his first royal title (posthumous name) of Lord Baochengxun Ni.
- Emperor Ping of Han China begins his reign and Wang Mang is re-instated as regent by Grand Empress Dowager Wang.
- Former regent Dong Xian commits suicide.
- Sapadbizes, Yuezhi prince and King of Kush (Bactria), dies. Heraios succeeds him as king.
- Kingdom of Aksum, centered in modern day Ethiopia and Eritrea, is founded (approximate date).
- Amanishakheto Queen of Kush (Nubia) dies. Her son, Natakamani, becomes King of Kush.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- The poem Metamorphoses is written by Ovid.
- Livy writes his monumental History of Rome (Ab Urbe Condita).
- Jesus' birth, according to the Anno Domini era created by Dionysius Exiguus in 525 as argued by one scholar, Georges Declercq, in Anno Domini (2000). Most scholars argue that Dionysius placed the birth of Jesus in 1 BC.
- The first full year in the life of Jesus as assigned by Dionysius Exiguus in his Anno Domini era.
- Buddhism is introduced into China.
- Lucius Annaeus Gallio, Roman proconsul (d. 65)
- Quinctilius Varus, son of Publius Quinctilius Varus and Claudia Pulchra (b. c. 27 BC)
- Pallas, Greek Freedman and political advisor (d. 65)
- In disgrace following the accession of Emperor Ping, Zhao Feiyan, empress of Emperor Cheng of Han, forced to commit suicide (b. unknown)
- Emperor Ai of Han.
People of the year 1 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 1
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|James Blundell (1646-)||James Blundell (bef1630-)||Frances Cox (bef1630-)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 1
2 people died in 1
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Elizabeth Dublin (1631-1696)||John Dublin (1605-)||Rachel Freeman (1602-)|
|Elizabeth Wychingham (-bef1445)||Nicholas Wychingham|
0 people lived in 1
Events of the year 1 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1.
There were 0 military battles in 1.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|