- For the number, see 1002.
|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 970s 980s 990s - 1000s - 1010s 1020s 1030s
|Years:||999 1000 1001 - 1002 - 1003 1004 1005|
- November 13 — English king Ethelred gives order to kill all Danes in England, leading to the St. Brice's Day Massacre.
- Brian Boru rises to power in Ireland, taking the title of High King.
- Henry II succeeds Otto III as king of Germany.
- With a new group of colonists, an epidemic hits the Viking colony in Greenland.
- Danegeld is paid by Ethelred the Unready to prevent Viking raids against England.
- January 23 — Otto III, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (b. 980)
- August 8 — Al-Mansur, chief minister of the Umayyad caliphate of Cordoba
- October 15 — Otto-Henry, Duke of Burgundy (b. 946)
People of the year 1002 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 1002
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 1002
8 people died in 1002
374 people lived in 1002
Events of the year 1002 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1002.
There were 0 military battles in 1002.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1002. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|