Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 980s 990s 1000s - 1010s - 1020s 1030s 1040s
|Years:||1011 1012 1013 - 1014 - 1015 1016 1017|
|1014 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1014 |
|Ab urbe condita||1767|
|Armenian calendar|| 463 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-830 – -829|
|Coptic calendar||730 – 731|
|Ethiopian calendar||1006 – 1007|
|Hebrew calendar||4774 – 4775|
|- Vikram Samvat||1069 – 1070|
|- Shaka Samvat||936 – 937|
|- Kali Yuga||4115 – 4116|
|Iranian calendar||392 – 393|
|Islamic calendar||404 – 405|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1674|
|Thai solar calendar||1557|
- February 14 — Pope Benedict VIII recognizes Henry of Bavaria as King of Germany
- July 29 — Battle of Kleidion: Basil II inflicts not only a decisive defeat on the Bulgarian army, but his subsequent savage treatment of 15,000 prisoners reportedly causes Tsar Samuil of Bulgaria to die of shock, and earns Basil II the title 'Voulgaroktonos' (Bulgar-slayer).
- Henry II of Germany crowned Henry II by Pope Benedict VIII (ruled since 1003)
- Following the death of Sweyn I, Ethelred II returns to England and retakes the English crown. Canute the Great returns to Denmark
- Battle of Clontarf; Gaelic Irish forces under Brian Boru defeat several allied Viking forces in Ireland, ending their power there but killing Brian in the process
- Holmgang declared illegal in Norway
- In Kashmir, Abhinavagupta, the teacher of the poet Ksemendra, circulates his Greater commentary on the Pratyabhijna Darshana.
- Hammad ibn Buluggin recognises the Abbasid Caliphate, beginning the split of the Hammadids from the Zirids.
- The Nicene-Constantinopolitan Symbol of the Faith is used for the first time during the Roman Mass after Henry II, the newly crowned Holy Roman Emperor, asked the Pope to add it together with the filioque clause. Prior to this date, the Creed was not used at all during the liturgy.
- In England archbishop Wulfstan preaches his Latin homily, "Wulf's Address to the English"
- February 3 — Sweyn I Haraldsson Forkbeard, king of Denmark
- April 23 — Brian Boru, high king of Ireland
- October 6 — Samuil of Bulgaria, Tsar of Bulgaria
- Sigurd the Stout, Viking earl in the Orkneys
- Sri Raja Raja Chola I, king of the Chola Empire of southern India and great temple builder of the Chola dynasty
People of the year 1014 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1014
4 children were born to the 3 women born in 1014
7 people died in 1014
423 people lived in 1014
Events of the year 1014 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 1014.
|Rodolphe III de Bourgogne (971-1032)||Ermengarde|
|Bernarde de Bré (995-c1042)||Guy of Ayen (980-?)|
There were 1 military battles in 1014.
|Battle of Clontarf||23 April 1014 JL|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1014. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|