|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 980s 990s 1000s - 1010s - 1020s 1030s 1040s
|Years:||1014 1015 1016 - 1017 - 1018 1019 1020|
|1017 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1017 |
|Ab urbe condita||1770|
|Armenian calendar|| 466 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-827 – -826|
|Coptic calendar||733 – 734|
|Ethiopian calendar||1009 – 1010|
|Hebrew calendar||4777 – 4778|
|- Vikram Samvat||1072 – 1073|
|- Shaka Samvat||939 – 940|
|- Kali Yuga||4118 – 4119|
|Iranian calendar||395 – 396|
|Islamic calendar||407 – 408|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1677|
|Thai solar calendar||1560|
- Canute the Great is acclaimed king of England.
- England is divided into the earldoms of Wessex, Mercia, East Anglia and Northumbria.
- Canute marries Emma of Normandy.
- Melus of Bari rebels, supported by Norman mercenaries. He is victorious in three pitched battles against the Byzantines.
- Abd-ar-Rahman IV is Umayyad caliph, succeeding Suleiman II.
- Hamza ibn-'Ali ibn-Ahmad publicly declares Fatimid Caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah to be God, founding the Druze religion.
- October 29 — Henry III (d. 1056)
- Zhou Dunyi — Neo-Confucian philosopher in Song Dynasty China (d. 1073)
People of the year 1017 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1017
11 children were born to the 4 women born in 1017
16 people died in 1017
450 people lived in 1017
Events of the year 1017 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 1017.
|Eveline de Lavardin (1000-)||Sigebrand de Mayenne (980-?)|
|Emma of Normandy (c985-1052)||Æthelred the Unready (c968-1016) + Knud den Store (c995-1035)|
There were 0 military battles in 1017.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1017. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|