Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1010s 1020s 1030s - 1040s - 1050s 1060s 1070s
|Years:||1039 1040 1041 - 1042 - 1043 1044 1045|
|1042 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1042 |
|Ab urbe condita||1795|
|Armenian calendar|| 491 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-802 – -801|
|Coptic calendar||758 – 759|
|Ethiopian calendar||1034 – 1035|
|Hebrew calendar||4802 – 4803|
|- Vikram Samvat||1097 – 1098|
|- Shaka Samvat||964 – 965|
|- Kali Yuga||4143 – 4144|
|Iranian calendar||420 – 421|
|Islamic calendar||433 – 434|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1702|
|Thai solar calendar||1585|
- April 18/April 19 — Emperor Michael V of the Byzantine Empire attempts to remain sole Emperor by sending his adoptive mother and co-ruler Zoe of Byzantium to a monastery.
- April 19 — Michael V of the Byzantine Empire is deposed by popular revolt. Zoe, Empress of the Byzantine Empire with co-rulers since 1028, becomes reigning Empress with her sister Theodora.
- June 8 — Edward the Confessor becomes King of England.
- June 11 — Empress Zoe marries for the third time and elevates her husband to the throne as Constantine IX.
- George Maniaces, Byzantine general in Sicily, revolts against Constantine IX.
- Harald III of Norway, at this time leader of the Varangian Guard in the Byzantine Empire, returns to Norway, possibly because of his involvement in Maniaces' revolt.
- Magnus I of Norway becomes King of Denmark.
- The Normans in Italy move their capital to Melfi.
- Abad II succeeds his father to the throne of Sevilla.
- Incursions by the Western Xia and the threat of further Liao Dynasty military actions against the Song Dynasty force an increase in tribute payments to the Liao.
- date unknown — Pope Urban II (d. 1099)
- June 8 — Harthacanute, King of Denmark and England
- August 24 — Michael V, Byzantine Emperor (b. 1015)
People of the year 1042 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1042
2 children were born to the 2 women born in 1042
7 people died in 1042
644 people lived in 1042
Events of the year 1042 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 1042.
|Adelaide di Susa (c1017-1091)||Hermann IV. von Schwaben (c1015-1038) + Enrico de Monferrato (-1044) + Othon de Savoie (c1015-c1057)|
|Wulfhild of Norway (1020-1071)||Ordulf von Sachsen (1022-1072)|
There were 0 military battles in 1042.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1042. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|