|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1020s 1030s 1040s - 1050s - 1060s 1070s 1080s
|Years:||1051 1052 1053 - 1054 - 1055 1056 1057|
|1054 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1054 |
|Ab urbe condita||1807|
|Armenian calendar|| 503 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-790 – -789|
|Coptic calendar||770 – 771|
|Ethiopian calendar||1046 – 1047|
|Hebrew calendar||4814 – 4815|
|- Vikram Samvat||1109 – 1110|
|- Shaka Samvat||976 – 977|
|- Kali Yuga||4155 – 4156|
|Iranian calendar||432 – 433|
|Islamic calendar||445 – 446|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1714|
|Thai solar calendar||1597|
- February — Battle of Mortemer — Normans defeated a French army as it was caught pillaging and plundering. King Henry I of France withdrew his main army from Normandy as a result.
- Cardinal Humbertus, a representative of Pope Leo IX, and Michael Cerularius, Patriarch of Constantinople, decree each other's excommunication. Most historians look to this act as the final step in the initiation of the Great Schism between the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Christian Churches. In 1965, those excommunications were rescinded by Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras when they met in the Second Vatican Council. However, to this day each church claims to be the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and each denies the other's right to that name.
- July 4 — The SN 1054 supernova is recorded by the Chinese, Arab and possibly Native Americans near the star ζ Tauri. For 23 days it remained bright enough to be seen in daylight. Its remnants form the Crab Nebula (NGC 1952).
- April 19 — Pope Leo IX (b. 1002)
- September 24 — Hermannus Contractus
- The death of Yaroslav the Wise, the most well-known prince of Kievan Rus who ruled during the high point of the state's golden age.
People of the year 1054 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1054
8 children were born to the 5 women born in 1054
13 people died in 1054
802 people lived in 1054
Events of the year 1054 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1054.
There were 1 military battles in 1054.
|Battle of Lille||1054 JL|
- ^ Journal of Astronomy, part 9, chapter 56 of Sung History (Sung Shih) first printing, 1340. facsimile on the frontispiece of Misner, Thorne, Wheeler Gravitation, 1973.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1054. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|