|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1020s 1030s 1040s - 1050s - 1060s 1070s 1080s
|Years:||1054 1055 1056 - 1057 - 1058 1059 1060|
|1057 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1057 |
|Ab urbe condita||1810|
|Armenian calendar|| 506 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-787 – -786|
|Coptic calendar||773 – 774|
|Ethiopian calendar||1049 – 1050|
|Hebrew calendar||4817 – 4818|
|- Vikram Samvat||1112 – 1113|
|- Shaka Samvat||979 – 980|
|- Kali Yuga||4158 – 4159|
|Iranian calendar||435 – 436|
|Islamic calendar||448 – 449|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1717|
|Thai solar calendar||1600|
- King Macbeth of Scotland is killed in battle against Malcolm III of Scotland. He is succeeded as King of Scotland by his stepson Lulach.
- August 2 — Pope Stephen IX (sometimes referred to as Stephen X) succeeds Pope Victor II as the 154th pope.
- King Anawrahta of Myanmar captures Thanton in northern Thailand, strengthening Theravada Buddhism in the country.
- William the Conqueror defeats a Franco-Angevin army at the mouth of the Dives River, Normandy.
- Jōchō, Japanese sculptor
- February — Edward the Exile, son of Edmund II of England
- March 1 — Ermesinde of Carcassonne, countess and regent of Barcelona (b. 972)
- May 10 or 21 — Abu al-Ala al-Ma'arri, poet
- July 28 — Pope Victor II
- August 15 — King Macbeth of Scotland
- August 31 — Leofric
People of the year 1057 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1057
5 children were born to the 3 women born in 1057
18 people died in 1057
842 people lived in 1057
Events of the year 1057 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1057.
There were 0 military battles in 1057.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1057. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|