|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1030s 1040s 1050s - 1060s - 1070s 1080s 1090s
|Years:||1058 1059 1060 - 1061 - 1062 1063 1064|
|1061 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1061 |
|Ab urbe condita||1814|
|Armenian calendar|| 510 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-783 – -782|
|Coptic calendar||777 – 778|
|Ethiopian calendar||1053 – 1054|
|Hebrew calendar||4821 – 4822|
|- Vikram Samvat||1116 – 1117|
|- Shaka Samvat||983 – 984|
|- Kali Yuga||4162 – 4163|
|Iranian calendar||439 – 440|
|Islamic calendar||452 – 453|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1721|
|Thai solar calendar||1604|
- January — Robert de Grantmesnil, his nephew Berengar, half-sister Judith (future wife of Roger I of Sicily), and eleven monks of Saint-Evroul-sur-Ouche are banished from Normandy and head to the Mezzogiorno
- Normans conquer Messina in Sicily
- October 1 — Pope Alexander II succeeds Pope Nicholas II as the 156th pope.
- Erection of the Speyer Cathedral in Speyer, Germany, begins.
- Vratislav II became duke of Bohemia
- Most of West Frisia (later known as Holland) is conquered by imperial German armies and given to the bishop of Utrecht.
- Estonians destroy the castle of Yuryev in Tartu and carrie out raids in the Pskov region in Russia.
People of the year 1061 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 1061
3 children were born to the 3 women born in 1061
10 people died in 1061
853 people lived in 1061
Events of the year 1061 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1061.
There were 0 military battles in 1061.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1061. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|