Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1040s 1050s 1060s - 1070s - 1080s 1090s 1100s
|Years:||1067 1068 1069 - 1070 - 1071 1072 1073|
|1070 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1070 |
|Ab urbe condita||1823|
|Armenian calendar|| 519 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-774 – -773|
|Coptic calendar||786 – 787|
|Ethiopian calendar||1062 – 1063|
|Hebrew calendar||4830 – 4831|
|- Vikram Samvat||1125 – 1126|
|- Shaka Samvat||992 – 993|
|- Kali Yuga||4171 – 4172|
|Iranian calendar||448 – 449|
|Islamic calendar||462 – 463|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1730|
|Thai solar calendar||1613|
- Hereward the Wake begins a Saxon revolt in the Fens of eastern England.
- Lanfranc, an Italian lawyer, becomes William's formidable Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Central Asian poet Yusuf Balasagun completed Kutadgu Bilig.
- Bergen is founded by the king Olav Kyrre. This will function as the main city and capital of Norway, until it is replaced by Oslo in 1314.
- Abu Bakr founds Marrakesh
- Chinese Chancellor Wang Anshi started the Xining Reforms (until 1085).
- The Temple of Literature established in the capital of Vietnam.
- Successful Byzantine counter-attack drives the Seljuk Turks across the Euphrates.
- Song Dynasty Chinese astronomer, engineer, and statesman Su Song completes the compilation of the Ben Cao Tu Jing, a pharmaceutical treatise with related subjects of botany, zoology, mineralogy, and metallurgy.
People of the year 1070 at Familypedia
57 people were born in 1070
21 children were born to the 14 women born in 1070
16 people died in 1070
907 people lived in 1070
Events of the year 1070 at FamilypediaEdit
22 people were married in 1070.
There were 0 military battles in 1070.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1070. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|