|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1040s 1050s 1060s - 1070s - 1080s 1090s 1100s
|Years:||1076 1077 1078 - 1079 - 1080 1081 1082|
|1079 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1079 |
|Ab urbe condita||1832|
|Armenian calendar|| 528 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-765 – -764|
|Coptic calendar||795 – 796|
|Ethiopian calendar||1071 – 1072|
|Hebrew calendar||4839 – 4840|
|- Vikram Samvat||1134 – 1135|
|- Shaka Samvat||1001 – 1002|
|- Kali Yuga||4180 – 4181|
|Iranian calendar||457 – 458|
|Islamic calendar||471 – 472|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1739|
|Thai solar calendar||1622|
- Persian astronomer, Omar Khayyám, computed the length of the year as 365.24219858156 days which has been the most accurate calculation of old times. Khayyam also, in Treatise on Demonstrations of Problems in Algebra, produced a complete classification of cubic equations and their geometric solutions.
- Murder of Saint Stanislaus of Szczepanów (pol. Stanisław ze Szczepanowa) by Polish King Bolesław II the Bold
- Halsten and Ingold I succeed Haakon the Red in Sweden.
- Ladislaus Herman succeeds Boleslaus II in Poland.
- William I of England establishes the New Forest.
- Constance of Burgundy founds a monastery in Burgos.
- Abbess Hildegard of Bingen makes the first surviving reference to the use of hops in brewing. (or 1067? — Hildegard of Bingen/Rupertsberg lived 1098–1179. The reference attributed to her cannot be 1067.)
- August 8 — Emperor Horikawa of Japan (d. 1107)
- Peter Abelard, French scholastic philosopher (d. 1142)
People of the year 1079 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 1079
3 children were born to the 3 women born in 1079
15 people died in 1079
945 people lived in 1079
Events of the year 1079 at FamilypediaEdit
4 people were married in 1079.
There were 0 military battles in 1079.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1079. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|