Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1050s 1060s 1070s - 1080s - 1090s 1100s 1110s
|Years:||1078 1079 1080 - 1081 - 1082 1083 1084|
|1081 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1081 |
|Ab urbe condita||1834|
|Armenian calendar|| 530 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-763 – -762|
|Coptic calendar||797 – 798|
|Ethiopian calendar||1073 – 1074|
|Hebrew calendar||4841 – 4842|
|- Vikram Samvat||1136 – 1137|
|- Shaka Samvat||1003 – 1004|
|- Kali Yuga||4182 – 4183|
|Iranian calendar||459 – 460|
|Islamic calendar||473 – 474|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1741|
|Thai solar calendar||1624|
- Corfu taken from Byzantine Empire by Robert Guiscard, Norman King of Southern Italy
- Byzantine emperor Nicephorus III is overthrown by Alexius I Comnenus, ending the Middle Byzantine period and beginning the Comnenan dynasty
- Alexius I helps defend Albania from the Normans (the first recorded mention of Albania), but is defeated at the Battle of Dyrrhachium.
- Beginning of the construction of Saint Canute's Cathedral in Odense.
- May 8 — Alfonso VI of Castile marries Constance of Burgundy.
- Battle of Durazzo. Emperor Alexius I attempts to relieve the coastal city of Dyrrachium (Durazzo)
- September 1 — Eusebius of Angers, Bishop of Angers
- Bolesław II the Bold, King of Poland
- Nicephorus III, Byzantine Emperor
- Trahaearn ap Caradog, King of Gwynedd
People of the year 1081 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1081
9 children were born to the 3 women born in 1081
17 people died in 1081
948 people lived in 1081
Events of the year 1081 at FamilypediaEdit
1 people were married in 1081.
|Constance de Bourgogne (1046-1093)||Hugues II de Chalon (c1022-c1077)+Alfonso VI of León and Castile (1040-1109)|
There were 1 military battles in 1081.
|Battle of Höchstädt an der Donau||11 August 1081 JL|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1081. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|