1098 1099 1100 - 1101 - 1102 1103 1104
| Decades: |
1070s 1080s 1090s - 1100s - 1110s 1120s 1130s
| Centuries: |
11th century - 12th century - 13th century
|1101 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1101 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1101 |
|Ab urbe condita||1854|
|Armenian calendar|| 550 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-743 – -742|
|Coptic calendar||817 – 818|
|Ethiopian calendar||1093 – 1094|
|Hebrew calendar||4861 – 4862|
|- Vikram Samvat||1156 – 1157|
|- Shaka Samvat||1023 – 1024|
|- Kali Yuga||4202 – 4203|
|Iranian calendar||479 – 480|
|Islamic calendar||494 – 495|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1761|
|Thai solar calendar||1644|
- A second wave of crusaders arrives in the newly established Kingdom of Jerusalem, after being heavily defeated by Kilij Arslan I at Heraclea Cybistra. See Crusade of 1101.
- Raymond IV of Toulouse, count of Tripoli, takes Ankara from the Seljuk Turks.
- Baldwin I of Jerusalem, King of Jerusalem, captures Arsuf (in April) and Caesarea (in May)
- Robert Curthose signs the Treaty of Alton, giving up his claim to the Anglo-Norman throne and establishing Henry I as King of England.
- The County of Berg, Germany is established.
- Canute II of Denmark is canonized.
- Vast compilation of Liao, Korean, and Song Buddhist writings completed.
- June 22 - Count Roger of Sicily (b. 1031)
- July 27 - Conrad, King of Germany and Italy (b. 1074)
- October 6 - Bruno of Cologne, German founder of the Carthusian order
- October 18 - Hugh of Vermandois, son of Henry I of France (born 1053)
- Hugh d'Avranches
- Su Shi, Chinese statesman and poet (born 1037)
- Su Song, Chinese scientist and engineer (born 1020)
- See also 1101 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1101. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1101 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 1101
2 children were born to the 3 women born in 1101
25 people died in 1101
896 people lived in 1101
Events of the year 1101 at FamilypediaEdit
3 people were married in 1101.
|Eustache III de Boulogne (1056-1125)||Mary of Scotland (1082-1116)|
|Baldwin II of Jerusalem (c1070-1131)||Morfia de Malatya (?-1126)|
|Mary of Scotland (1082-1116)||Eustache III de Boulogne (1056-1125)|
There were 0 military battles in 1101.