|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1080s 1090s 1100s - 1110s - 1120s 1130s 1140s
|Years:||1114 1115 1116 - 1117 - 1118 1119 1120|
|1117 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1117 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1117 |
|Ab urbe condita||1870|
|Armenian calendar|| 566 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-727 – -726|
|Coptic calendar||833 – 834|
|Ethiopian calendar||1109 – 1110|
|Hebrew calendar||4877 – 4878|
|- Vikram Samvat||1172 – 1173|
|- Shaka Samvat||1039 – 1040|
|- Kali Yuga||4218 – 4219|
|Iranian calendar||495 – 496|
|Islamic calendar||510 – 511|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1777|
|Thai solar calendar||1660|
- May 3 — Merton Priory (Thomas Becket school) consecrated.
- Borivoj II of Bohemia become Prince of Bohemia in place of Vladislav I of Bohemia.
- Pelusium razed by Baldwin I of Jerusalem.
- Miidera and the sohei of Enryakuji attack Nara.
- People of Santiago de Compostela try to burn their prelate in his palace, along with the queen
- The earliest recorded use of a compass for navigational purposes.
- Humphrey II of Toron, Constable of Jerusalem
- April 16 — Saint Magnus, Earl of Orkney (executed)
- December 9 — Gertrud of Brunswick, Markgräfin of Meißen
- Anselm of Laon, French theologian
- Ivo of Chartres, French canon lawyer (b. 1040)
- Bertrade de Montfort, wife of Fulk IV of Anjou and Philip I of France
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1117. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1117 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1117
15 children were born to the 7 women born in 1117
20 people died in 1117
989 people lived in 1117
Events of the year 1117 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1117.
There were 0 military battles in 1117.