|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1100s 1110s 1120s - 1130s - 1140s 1150s 1160s
|Years:||1135 1136 1137 - 1138 - 1139 1140 1141|
- Robert Warelwast becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- March 13 — Cardinal Gregory is elected anti-pope as Victor IV, succeeding Anacletus II.
- August 9 — Deadly earthquake in Aleppo, Syria killing about 230,000 people.
- August 22 — Battle of the Standard between David I of Scotland and the English. The Scots were defeated.
- Bavaria was taken away from the Welfen Duke Henry the Proud and given to the Austrian Margrave Leopold IV.
- A castle in Scotland successfully defeats a siege despite being held by only nine knights.
- The earldom of Pembroke, created for Gilbert de Clare, is the first earldom created by the Norman kings within the borders of Wales.
- Conan IV, Duke of Brittany (d. 1171)
- Casimir II of Poland (died 1194)
- Taira no Shigemori, Japanese rebel (d. 1179)
- Saladin, ruler of Egypt and Syria (d. 1193)
- January 13 — Simon I (b. 1076)
- January 25 — Antipope Anacletus II
- William de Warenne
- Ibn Bajjah — Andalusian philosopher
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1138. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1138 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1138
2 children were born to the 2 women born in 1138
18 people died in 1138
857 people lived in 1138
Events of the year 1138 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1138.
There were 0 military battles in 1138.