|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1120s 1130s 1140s - 1150s - 1160s 1170s 1180s
|Years:||1147 1148 1149 - 1150 - 1151 1152 1153|
|1150 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1150 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1150 |
|Ab urbe condita||1903|
|Armenian calendar|| 599 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-694 – -693|
|Coptic calendar||866 – 867|
|Ethiopian calendar||1142 – 1143|
|Hebrew calendar||4910 – 4911|
|- Vikram Samvat||1205 – 1206|
|- Shaka Samvat||1072 – 1073|
|- Kali Yuga||4251 – 4252|
|Iranian calendar||528 – 529|
|Islamic calendar||544 – 545|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1810|
|Thai solar calendar||1693|
- Åhus, Sweden gains city privileges
- City of Airdrie, Scotland founded
- King Sverker I of Sweden deposed and succeeded by Eric IX of Sweden
- Albrecht the Bear inhabits Brandenburg
- Peter the Lombard publishes Sentences
- University of Paris, now known as the Sorbonne, founded
- During Crusades, city of Ashkelon fortified with 53 towers by Fatimid rulers
- Earl of Bedford created
- Cubbie Roo's Castle built on Wyre
- Mersey Ferry begins running between Liverpool and Birkenhead
- Neuruppin city founded in Brandenburg, Germany
- Rinteln city founded in Lower Saxony, Germany
- Middle Dutch begins to be spoken in what is now Benelux
- Joscelin II of Edessa taken prisoner during Second Crusade
- Tuam promoted to a Metropolitan Archdiocese, Ireland
- Earliest textual reference made to Gypsies working as musicians (in Constantinople)
- Castle Rising built in Norfolk, England by William d'Aubigny
- Garcia IV Ramirez ends reign as King of Navarre
- Bishopric of Aberdeen established
- Christian Malone writes Irish Chronology Chronicum Scotorum
- Christchurch Priory founded
- Leo II of Armenia (d. 1229).
- William de Braose (approximate date; d. 1211).
- Rosamund Clifford, mistress of Henry II of England (approximate date; d. 1176).
- Alix of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (d. 1198).
- Saxo Grammaticus, Danish historian (d. 1220).
- Baldwin V (d. 1195).
- Stephen Langton, Archbishop of Canterbury (approximate date; d. 1228).
- Beatrice, Countess of Dia.
- Emperor Xizong of Jin, the third ruler of the Jurchen Jin Dynasty
- Suryavarman II, Khmer king, builder of Angkor Wat
- Barisan of Ibelin, figure in the crusader kingdom of Jerusalem
- Pribislav of Brandenburg, last king of the Hevelli (b. c. 1075)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1150. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1150 at Familypedia
70 people were born in 1150
38 children were born to the 29 women born in 1150
20 people died in 1150
882 people lived in 1150
Events of the year 1150 at FamilypediaEdit
27 people were married in 1150.
There were 0 military battles in 1150.