|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1120s 1130s 1140s - 1150s - 1160s 1170s 1180s
|Years:||1151 1152 1153 - 1154 - 1155 1156 1157|
|1154 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1154 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1154 |
|Ab urbe condita||1907|
|Armenian calendar|| 603 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-690 – -689|
|Coptic calendar||870 – 871|
|Ethiopian calendar||1146 – 1147|
|Hebrew calendar||4914 – 4915|
|- Vikram Samvat||1209 – 1210|
|- Shaka Samvat||1076 – 1077|
|- Kali Yuga||4255 – 4256|
|Iranian calendar||532 – 533|
|Islamic calendar||548 – 549|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1814|
|Thai solar calendar||1697|
- King Stephen of England dies at Dover, and is succeeded by his adopted son Henry Plantagenet, who becomes King Henry II of England, aged 21.
- Sweden's King Eric introduces Christianity to Finland (see History of Finland).
- December 4 — Pope Adrian IV (also known as Hadrian IV) succeeds Pope Anastasius IV as the 169th pope. Born Nicholas Breakspear, he is the only English pope in history.
- A chateau is built at Chinon by Theobald I, count of Blois.
- William I becomes king of Sicily.
- Nur ad-Din gains control of Damascus, uniting Syria under one ruler.
- Muhammad al-Idrisi completes his atlas of the world, which will remain one of the most accurate maps until the Age of Discovery.
- Birmingham, England, and the Birmingham Bull Ring are founded.
- Bosnia becomes an autonomous duchy.
- Belgrade is rebuilt by Byzantine emperor Manuel I Comnenus.
- Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, was firstly marked on the world map by Al Idrisi.
- King Valdemar the Great of Denmark is crowned.
- November 11 — King Sancho I of Portugal (d. 1212)
- Benoît de Sainte-Maure, French poet and troubadour (d. 1173)
- Queen Constance of Sicily, wife of Henry VI (d. 1198)
- Minamoto no Yoshinaka, Japanese shogun (d. 1184
- Sune Sik Sverkersson, prince of Sweden
- Vsevolod the Big Nest, Grand Prince of Vladimir (d. 1212)
- February 20 — Saint Wulfric of Haselbury Plucknett (b. c. 1080)
- February 26 — King Roger II of Sicily (b. 1093)
- August 16 — King Ramiro II of Aragon (b. c. 1075)
- October 25 — King Stephen of England (b. 1096)
- November 18 — Adélaide de Maurienne, queen of Louis VI of France (b. 1092)
- December 3 — Pope Anastasius IV
- Iziaslav II of Kiev, Prince of Vladimir and Volyn, (b. c. 1097, reigned 1134—1142)
- Vyacheslav of Kiev, prince of Smolensk (b. 1083, reigned 1113–1125)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1154. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1154 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1154
10 children were born to the 8 women born in 1154
29 people died in 1154
913 people lived in 1154
Events of the year 1154 at FamilypediaEdit
11 people were married in 1154.
There were 0 military battles in 1154.