Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1120s 1130s 1140s - 1150s - 1160s 1170s 1180s
|Years:||1155 1156 1157 - 1158 - 1159 1160 1161|
|1158 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1158 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1158 |
|Ab urbe condita||1911|
|Armenian calendar|| 607 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-686 – -685|
|Coptic calendar||874 – 875|
|Ethiopian calendar||1150 – 1151|
|Hebrew calendar||4918 – 4919|
|- Vikram Samvat||1213 – 1214|
|- Shaka Samvat||1080 – 1081|
|- Kali Yuga||4259 – 4260|
|Iranian calendar||536 – 537|
|Islamic calendar||552 – 553|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1818|
|Thai solar calendar||1701|
- Diet of Roncaglia convoked by Frederick Barbarossa.
- January 11 — Vladislav II becomes king of Bohemia.
- End of the formal reign of Emperor Go-Shirakawa, emperor of Japan, also the beginning of his cloistered rule, which will last to his death in 1192.
- Ireland, the Diocese of Derry is erected.
- November 29 — Eleanor of Aquitaine arrives in Salisbury on royal business.
- Emperor Nijō ascends to the throne of Japan.
- British Pound Sterling (currency) introduced.
- Margrave Ottokar III of Styria inherited the County of Pitten.
- September 23 — Geoffrey II (d. 1186)
- Marguerite of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (d. 1197)
- Taira no Shigehira, son of Taira no Kiyomori (d. 1185)
- August 30 — King Sancho III of Castile (b. 1134)
- September 22 — Otto of Freising, German bishop and chronicler (born c. 1114)
Heads of statesEdit
- England — Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154–1189)
- France — Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137–1180)
- Ireland — Muirchertach III, High King of Ireland (reigned 1156–1166)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1158. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1158 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1158
4 children were born to the 4 women born in 1158
17 people died in 1158
851 people lived in 1158
Events of the year 1158 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 1158.
|Christina of Denmark (c1120-1170)||Erik II of Sweden (c1120-1160)|
|Baldwin III of Jerusalem (1131-1163)||Theodora Komnene (c1145-?)|
There were 0 military battles in 1158.