|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1160 1161 1162 - 1163 - 1164 1165 1166|
|1163 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1163 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1163 |
|Ab urbe condita||1916|
|Armenian calendar|| 612 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-681 – -680|
|Coptic calendar||879 – 880|
|Ethiopian calendar||1155 – 1156|
|Hebrew calendar||4923 – 4924|
|- Vikram Samvat||1218 – 1219|
|- Shaka Samvat||1085 – 1086|
|- Kali Yuga||4264 – 4265|
|Iranian calendar||541 – 542|
|Islamic calendar||558 – 559|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1823|
|Thai solar calendar||1706|
- Owain Gwynedd is recognized as ruler of Wales.
- Silesian duchies accept suzerainty of Holy Roman Empire.
- Law of Succession is introduced in Norway.
- Council of Tours is held, names and condemns Albigensians.
- Abbey of Lokkum in Hanover is founded as a Cistercian house by Cornwall.
- Egyptian empire re-resurrected for 10 days.
- Guanfuchang salt-fields (官富場) in Hong Kong, nowadays To Kwa Wan, Kowloon Bay, Kwun Tong and Lam Tin districts, first officially operated by Song Dynasty.
- The first stone of Paris's Notre Dame Cathedral is set by Pope Alexander III.
- Ban Kulin, ruler of Bosnia (d. 1204)
- Berengaria of Navarre, Queen consort of Richard I of England (approximate date; d. 1230)
- Canute VI of Denmark (d. 1202)
- Henry I of Poland (d. 1238)
- Ottokar IV of Styria (d. 1192)
- Hōjō Yoshitoki, Kamakura regent (d. 1224)
- As-Salih Ismail al-Malik, ruler of Syria (d. 1181)
- Constance of Antioch, ruler of Antioch (b. 1127)
- Abd al-Mumin, founder of the Almohad empire (b. 1094)
- Dahui Zonggao, Chinese Zen Buddhist monk (born 1089)
Heads of statesEdit
- England — Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154–1189).
- France — Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137–1180).
- Ireland — Muirchertach III, High King of Ireland (reigned 1156–1166)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1163. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1163 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1163
8 children were born to the 5 women born in 1163
9 people died in 1163
855 people lived in 1163
Events of the year 1163 at FamilypediaEdit
3 people were married in 1163.
|Casimir II the Just of Poland (1138-1194)||Helena of Znojmo (1145-c1204)|
|Helena of Znojmo (1145-c1204)||Casimir II the Just of Poland (1138-1194)|
|Sarah de Toucy (1140-1167)||Gibaud II de Saint-Vérain (c1125-1167)|
There were 0 military battles in 1163.