|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1161 1162 1163 - 1164 - 1165 1166 1167|
|1164 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1164 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1164 |
|Ab urbe condita||1917|
|Armenian calendar|| 613 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-680 – -679|
|Coptic calendar||880 – 881|
|Ethiopian calendar||1156 – 1157|
|Hebrew calendar||4924 – 4925|
|- Vikram Samvat||1219 – 1220|
|- Shaka Samvat||1086 – 1087|
|- Kali Yuga||4265 – 4266|
|Iranian calendar||542 – 543|
|Islamic calendar||559 – 560|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1824|
|Thai solar calendar||1707|
- Count Henry I of Champagne marries Marie de Champagne.
- Uppsala is recognized as the seat of the Swedish metropolitan.
- Antipope Paschal III elected by cardinals supporting Frederick Barbarossa.
- Olaf II of Norway is canonized as Saint Olaf.
- Archbishop Rainald of Dassel brings relics of the Magi from Milan to Cologne.
- Henry II insists that everyone in the kingdom, including clerics, be subject to the royal courts.
- Thomas Becket contends with Henry II, leaves England to solicit support from the Pope and the King of France.
- The first written record of Tver.
- September 21 — Sancha of Castile, daughter of Alfonso VII of Castile (d. 1208)
- December 28 — Emperor Rokujō of Japan (d. 1176)
- April 20 — Antipope Victor IV
- 19 May — Saint Bashnouna, an Egyptian saint and martyr
- September 14 — Emperor Sutoku of Japan (b. 1119)
- December 31 — Margrave Ottokar III of Styria
- Svyatoslav Olgovich, Prince of Novgorod-Seversky
- Fujiwara no Tadamichi, Japanese regent (b. 1097)
- Somerled, Lord of the Isles
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1164. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1164 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1164
11 children were born to the 5 women born in 1164
6 people died in 1164
850 people lived in 1164
Events of the year 1164 at FamilypediaEdit
15 people were married in 1164.
There were 0 military battles in 1164.