Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1162 1163 1164 - 1165 - 1166 1167 1168|
|1165 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1165 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1165 |
|Ab urbe condita||1918|
|Armenian calendar|| 614 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-679 – -678|
|Coptic calendar||881 – 882|
|Ethiopian calendar||1157 – 1158|
|Hebrew calendar||4925 – 4926|
|- Vikram Samvat||1220 – 1221|
|- Shaka Samvat||1087 – 1088|
|- Kali Yuga||4266 – 4267|
|Iranian calendar||543 – 544|
|Islamic calendar||560 – 561|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1825|
|Thai solar calendar||1708|
- November 23 — Pope Alexander III enters Rome.
- Emperor Rokujō ascends to the throne of Japan. He is one year old.
- William I becomes King of Scotland.
- Andronicus I escapes from prison.
- Henry II of England begins affair with Rosamund Clifford.
- Henry II of England invades Wales but is forced to retreat.
- Muslims take Caesarea Philippi from Crusaders.
- Leipzig gains city and market privileges.
- The town of Pistoia obteins the appellation of "imperio fidelissima" from Frederick I as faithful of the emperor.
- Construction of the Liuhe Pagoda of Hangzhou, China, is completed in this year during the Song Dynasty.
- August 21 — King Philip II of France (d. 1223)
- Ibn Arabi, Syrian Sufi philosopher (d. 1240)
- Henry I (d. 1235)
- Albert of Buxhoeveden, German soldier (d. 1229)
- Henry VI (d. 1197)
- Joan of England, daughter of Henry II of England (d. 1199)
- Phillipe de Plessis, Grand Master of the Knights Templar (d. 1209)
- February 7 — Stephen of Armenia, Marshal of Armenia
- September 5 — Emperor Nijō of Japan (b. 1143)
- December 9 — King Malcolm IV of Scotland (b. 1141)
- Hibat Allah Abu'l-Barakat al-Baghdaadi, Arab philosopher and physicist (b. 1080)
- Sibylla of Anjou, Countess of Flanders (b. c. 1112)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1165. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1165 at Familypedia
37 people were born in 1165
18 children were born to the 11 women born in 1165
18 people died in 1165
873 people lived in 1165
Events of the year 1165 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1165.
There were 0 military battles in 1165.