|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
|Years:||1166 1167 1168 - 1169 - 1170 1171 1172|
|1169 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1169 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1169 |
|Ab urbe condita||1922|
|Armenian calendar|| 618 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-675 – -674|
|Coptic calendar||885 – 886|
|Ethiopian calendar||1161 – 1162|
|Hebrew calendar||4929 – 4930|
|- Vikram Samvat||1224 – 1225|
|- Shaka Samvat||1091 – 1092|
|- Kali Yuga||4270 – 4271|
|Iranian calendar||547 – 548|
|Islamic calendar||564 – 565|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1829|
|Thai solar calendar||1712|
- Nur ad-Din invades Egypt, and his nephew Saladin becomes the sultan over the territory conquered by Nur ad-Din.
- Prince Andrey Bogolyubskiy sacks the Kievan Rus' capital Kiev.
- Start of the conquest of Ireland. Richard fitzGilbert de Clare ('Strongbow') makes an alliance with the exiled Irish chief, Dermot MacMurrough, to help him recover his kingdom of Leinster.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine leaves the English court of Henry II to establish her great court in Poitiers, where the Courts of Love flourished.
- January 2 — Bertrand de Blanchefort, sixth Grand Master of the Knights Templar (b. c. 1109)
- July 9 — Guido of Ravenna, Italian cartographer, entomologist and historian
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1169. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1169 at Familypedia
4 people were born in 1169
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 1169
16 people died in 1169
829 people lived in 1169
Events of the year 1169 at FamilypediaEdit
5 people were married in 1169.
There were 0 military battles in 1169.