|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 80s 90s 100s - 110s - 120s 130s 140s
|Years:||114 115 116 - 117 - 118 119 120|
|Gregorian calendar|| 117 |
|Ab urbe condita||870|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1727 – -1726|
|Coptic calendar||-167 – -166|
|Ethiopian calendar||109 – 110|
|Hebrew calendar||3877 – 3878|
|- Vikram Samvat||172 – 173|
|- Shaka Samvat||39 – 40|
|- Kali Yuga||3218 – 3219|
|Iranian calendar||505 BP – 504 BP|
|Islamic calendar||521 BH – 520 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 777|
|Thai solar calendar||660|
- Trajan subdues a Judean revolt, then falls seriously ill, leaving Hadrian in command of the east.
- On his death bed, Trajan adopts Hadrian and designates him as his successor.
- August 9 — Emperor Trajan dies, leaving the Roman Empire at its maximal territorial extent.
- Hadrian, who will reign until 138, succeeds him.
- Hadrian, a Spaniard like Trajan, is an excellent officer who has had a brilliant career. He is well-cultured man, who as Emperor inaugurates a civil government, giving up the policy of conquest of his predecessor in order to consolidate the empire.
- Hadrian returns large parts of Mesopotamia to the Parthians as part of a peace settlement.
- Construction begins on the Pantheon in Rome.
- John I becomes the 7th Bishop of Jerusalem.
- August 9 — Trajan, Roman emperor (illness)
- Gaius Cornelius Tacitus, Roman historian (approximate date)
People of the year 117 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 117
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 117
0 people died in 117
3 people lived in 117
|Clodomir IV der Franken (aft107-166)||Marcomir IV der Franken (aft91-149)||Athildus of Britain|
|Marcomir IV der Franken (aft91-149)||Odomir der Franken (aft76-c128)|
|Odomir der Franken (aft76-c128)||Richemer der Franken (aft59-bef114)||Ascyla|
Events of the year 117 at FamilypediaEdit
1 people were married in 117.
|Richilde von Schwaben (c1100-c1147)||Hugues I de Roucy (c1090-1160)|
There were 0 military battles in 117.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 117. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|