|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1140s 1150s 1160s - 1170s - 1180s 1190s 1200s
|Years:||1168 1169 1170 - 1171 - 1172 1173 1174|
|1171 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1171 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1171 |
|Ab urbe condita||1924|
|Armenian calendar|| 620 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-673 – -672|
|Coptic calendar||887 – 888|
|Ethiopian calendar||1163 – 1164|
|Hebrew calendar||4931 – 4932|
|- Vikram Samvat||1226 – 1227|
|- Shaka Samvat||1093 – 1094|
|- Kali Yuga||4272 – 4273|
|Iranian calendar||549 – 550|
|Islamic calendar||566 – 567|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1831|
|Thai solar calendar||1714|
- Saladin abolishes the Fatimid caliphate, restoring Sunni rule in Egypt.
- Manuel I Comnenus orders all the Venetians in the Byzantine Empire to be arrested and their property confiscated.
- Rhys ap Gruffydd agrees to negotiate with Henry II of England.
- Construction of the Cathedral of Saint Sabino in Bari is completed.
- Serbian ruler Stefan Nemanja begins sole reign.
- Alfonso II of Aragon conquers Caspe and Teruel.
- Henry II of England, with the aid of the ousted King of the Irish province of Leinster, Diarmait MacMurrough, sponsors the Norman invasion of Ireland, sparking eight centuries of conflict and war between Ireland and England.
- August 15 — King Alfonso IX of Leon (d. 1230)
- Agnes of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (d. after 1207)
- January 1 — Diarmait Mac Murchada, King of Leinster (b. 1110)
- February 20 — Conan IV (b. 1138)
- November 8 — Baldwin IV (b. 1108)
- Henry of Blois, bishop of Winchester (b. 1111)
- Gleb of Kiev
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1171. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1171 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 1171
5 children were born to the 3 women born in 1171
25 people died in 1171
858 people lived in 1171
Events of the year 1171 at FamilypediaEdit
9 people were married in 1171.
There were 0 military battles in 1171.