|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1140s 1150s 1160s - 1170s - 1180s 1190s 1200s
|Years:||1169 1170 1171 - 1172 - 1173 1174 1175|
|1172 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1172 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1172 |
|Ab urbe condita||1925|
|Armenian calendar|| 621 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-672 – -671|
|Coptic calendar||888 – 889|
|Ethiopian calendar||1164 – 1165|
|Hebrew calendar||4932 – 4933|
|- Vikram Samvat||1227 – 1228|
|- Shaka Samvat||1094 – 1095|
|- Kali Yuga||4273 – 4274|
|Iranian calendar||550 – 551|
|Islamic calendar||567 – 568|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1832|
|Thai solar calendar||1715|
- Duke Richard of Aquitaine becomes Duke of Poitiers. He later becomes King Richard I of England.
- Pope Gregory VIII hosts the Council of Avranches where Henry II of England is absolved of the sin of murder in the matter of the assassination of Thomas Becket.
- The Synod of Cashel ended the Celtic Christian system and brought them under Rome.
- According to the annals of the Worcester Priory, "nothing memorable" happened in this year.
- Baldwin I of Constantinople (d. 1205)
- Fujiwara Moroie, last of the Japanese Fujiwara Regents (d. 1238)
- Takash, the shah of Persia (d. 1200)
- Aubrey de Vere (d. 1214)
- Louis I (d. 1205)
- Ranulph de Blondeville (d. 1232)
- Isabella of Jerusalem, Queen of Jerusalem 1190/1192–1205 (d. 1205)
- Agnes, daughter of Italian Count Amadeus III of Savoy (b. 1125)
- Hemachandra, Indian mathematician, philosopher and historian (b. 1089)
- ^ 4 ANNALES MONASTICI (Henry Richards Luard ed., 1869) ("MCLXXII. Nihil memoriale.")
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1172. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1172 at Familypedia
19 people were born in 1172
18 children were born to the 7 women born in 1172
19 people died in 1172
930 people lived in 1172
Events of the year 1172 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1172.
There were 0 military battles in 1172.