Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1140s 1150s 1160s - 1170s - 1180s 1190s 1200s
|Years:||1170 1171 1172 - 1173 - 1174 1175 1176|
|1173 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1173 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1173 |
|Ab urbe condita||1926|
|Armenian calendar|| 622 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-671 – -670|
|Coptic calendar||889 – 890|
|Ethiopian calendar||1165 – 1166|
|Hebrew calendar||4933 – 4934|
|- Vikram Samvat||1228 – 1229|
|- Shaka Samvat||1095 – 1096|
|- Kali Yuga||4274 – 4275|
|Iranian calendar||551 – 552|
|Islamic calendar||568 – 569|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1833|
|Thai solar calendar||1716|
- Canonization of Saint Thomas à Becket, buried at Canterbury
- Castle at Abergavenny was seized by the Welsh.
- Conversion to Christianity of Peter Waldo and the subsequent founding of the Waldensians.
- End of Qiandao era and start of Chunxi era of the Chinese emperor Xiaozong
- End of reign of Polish ruler Boleslaus IV of Poland and start of reign of Casimir II of Poland
- Eleanor of Aquitaine and her sons rebel against her husband Henry II of England in the Revolt of 1173–1174.
- First recorded use of Algebraic chess notation.
- Election of Reginald Fitz Jocelin to be Bishop of Bath.
- Creation of The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Llywelyn the Great, Prince of Aberffraw and Lord of Eryri (approximate date; d. 1240)
- Rostislav II of Kiev (d. 1214)
- Shinran, Japanese founder of Jodo Shinshu Buddhism (d. 1263)
- Conrad II, Duke of Swabia (d. 1196)
- Tankei, Japanese sculptor (d. 1256)
- August 9 — Najm ad-Din Ayyub, father of Saladin
- Roger de Clare (b. 1116)
- Vladimir II Mstislavich, Grand Prince of Kiev (b. 1132)
- Boleslaus IV, High-Duke of Poland (b. 1120)
- Richard of St. Victor, French mystic and theologian
- Benoît de Sainte-Maure, French poet and troubadour (b. 1154)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1173. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1173 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1173
14 children were born to the 7 women born in 1173
10 people died in 1173
838 people lived in 1173
Events of the year 1173 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1173.
There were 0 military battles in 1173.