Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1150s 1160s 1170s - 1180s - 1190s 1200s 1210s
|Years:||1180 1181 1182 - 1183 - 1184 1185 1186|
|1183 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1183 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1183 |
|Ab urbe condita||1936|
|Armenian calendar|| 632 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-661 – -660|
|Coptic calendar||899 – 900|
|Ethiopian calendar||1175 – 1176|
|Hebrew calendar||4943 – 4944|
|- Vikram Samvat||1238 – 1239|
|- Shaka Samvat||1105 – 1106|
|- Kali Yuga||4284 – 4285|
|Iranian calendar||561 – 562|
|Islamic calendar||578 – 579|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1843|
|Thai solar calendar||1726|
- Three-year old Emperor Go-Toba ascends to the throne of Japan after the forced abdication of his brother Emperor Antoku during the Genpei War.
- August 14 — Taira no Munemori and the Taira clan take the young Emperor Antoku and the three sacred treasures and flee to western Japan to escape pursuit by the Minamoto clan. (Traditional Japanese date: Twenty-fifth Day of the Seventh Month of the Second Year of Juei).
- William of Tyre excommunicated by the newly appointed Heraclius of Jerusalem, firmly ending their struggle for power.
- Andronicus I Comnenus becomes the Byzantine emperor.
- First written account of a sport resembling cricket, by Joseph of Exeter.
- Peace of Constance.
- The Siege of Kerak is waged between the Ayyubids and the crusaders, in which regent Guy of Lusignan refused to fight.
- June 11 — Henry the Young King, son of Henry II of England (b. 1155)
- July — Maria Comnena, Byzantine princess, by poison (b. 1149)
- October — Alexius II Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor (b. 1167)
- November 23 — William Fitz Robert (b. 1116)
- Renier of Montferrat (the Caesar John), Italian husband of Maria Comnena, by poison (b. 1162)
1183 in FictionEdit
The fictitious events of the play and later movies The Lion in Winter take place in 1183.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1183. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1183 at Familypedia
4 people were born in 1183
1 children were born to the 2 women born in 1183
17 people died in 1183
863 people lived in 1183
Events of the year 1183 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 1183.
There were 0 military battles in 1183.