|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1150s 1160s 1170s - 1180s - 1190s 1200s 1210s
|Years:||1184 1185 1186 - 1187 - 1188 1189 1190|
|1187 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1187 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1187 |
|Ab urbe condita||1940|
|Armenian calendar|| 636 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-657 – -656|
|Coptic calendar||903 – 904|
|Ethiopian calendar||1179 – 1180|
|Hebrew calendar||4947 – 4948|
|- Vikram Samvat||1242 – 1243|
|- Shaka Samvat||1109 – 1110|
|- Kali Yuga||4288 – 4289|
|Iranian calendar||565 – 566|
|Islamic calendar||582 – 583|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1847|
|Thai solar calendar||1730|
- May 1 — Battle of Cresson — Saladin defeats the crusaders.
- July 4 — Saladin defeats Guy of Lusignan, King of Jerusalem, at the Battle of Hattin.
- September 20 — October 2 — Siege of Jerusalem — Saladin captures Jerusalem.
- October 21 — Pope Gregory VIII succeeds Pope Urban III as the 173rd pope.
- October 29 — Pope Gregory VIII issues the bull Audita tremendi, proposing the Third Crusade.
- December 19 — Pope Clement III succeeds Pope Gregory VIII as the 174th pope.
- Alexius Branas attempts to seize Constantinople in defiance of his master Isaac II Angelus.
- Cathedral of St. Jacob consecrated in Szczecin, Pomerania.
- Estonians, Curonians and Karelians destruct Sigtuna and kill the archbishop.
- Knut Eriksson builds a castle in the island of Stockholm.
- The Toltecs are deposed at Chichen Itza.
- Zen Buddhism comes to Japan.
- King of Ankor Vat, Jayavarman VII defeats Cham conquerors.
- Ghorin Muhammed conquers Punjab.
- Genoa takes Bonifacio (in Corsica) from Pisa.
- Glanvill, an official of King Henry II, describes how villeins can be free (approximate date).
- September 5 — King Louis VIII of France (d. 1226)
- Arthur I (d. 1203)
- Vladimir III Rurikovich, Grand Prince of Kiev (d. 1239)
- July 4 — Raynald of Chatillon, Prince of Antioch (executed, b. c. 1125)
- October 19 — Pope Urban III
- November 9 — Emperor Gaozong of China (b. 1107)
- December 17 — Pope Gregory VIII (b. c. 1100)
- Gerard of Cremona, Italian translator of scientific works (b. c. 1114)
- Roger de Moulins, Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller
- Count Raymond III of Tripoli (b. 1140)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1187. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1187 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1187
4 children were born to the 2 women born in 1187
23 people died in 1187
884 people lived in 1187
Events of the year 1187 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 1187.
There were 0 military battles in 1187.