|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1160s 1170s 1180s - 1190s - 1200s 1210s 1220s
|Years:||1188 1189 1190 - 1191 - 1192 1193 1194|
|1191 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1191 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1191 |
|Ab urbe condita||1944|
|Armenian calendar|| 640 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-653 – -652|
|Coptic calendar||907 – 908|
|Ethiopian calendar||1183 – 1184|
|Hebrew calendar||4951 – 4952|
|- Vikram Samvat||1246 – 1247|
|- Shaka Samvat||1113 – 1114|
|- Kali Yuga||4292 – 4293|
|Iranian calendar||569 – 570|
|Islamic calendar||586 – 587|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1851|
|Thai solar calendar||1734|
- April 14 — Pope Celestine III succeeds Pope Clement III as the 175th pope.
- April 17 — Tusculum's destruction by Commune of Rome army.
- May 12 — Richard I of England marries Berengaria of Navarre.
- July 12 — Saladin's garrison surrenders, ending the two-year siege of Acre. Conrad of Montferrat, who has negotiated the surrender, raises the banners of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and of the Third Crusade leaders Richard I of England, Philip II of France, and Leopold V of Austria on the city's walls and towers.
- September 7 — Third Crusade: Battle of Arsuf — Richard I of England defeats Saladin at Arsuf.
- November 27 — Election of Reginald Fitz Jocelin as Archbishop of Canterbury
- The monks of Glastonbury Abbey announce that they have found the burial sites of King Arthur and his Queen Guinevere.
- Duke Berthold V of Zähringen founds the city of Berne in today's Switzerland.
- Khmer king Jayavarman VII sacks the capital of Champa.
- March 20 — Frederick VI (b. 1167)
- March 27 — Pope Clement III
- December 26 — Reginald Fitz Jocelin Archbishop-elect of Canterbury
- William V, Burgundian crusader (b. c. 1115)
In Popular CultureEdit
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1191. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1191 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1191
10 children were born to the 5 women born in 1191
33 people died in 1191
873 people lived in 1191
Events of the year 1191 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1191.
There were 0 military battles in 1191.