|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1160s 1170s 1180s - 1190s - 1200s 1210s 1220s
|Years:||1190 1191 1192 - 1193 - 1194 1195 1196|
|1193 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1193 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1193 |
|Ab urbe condita||1946|
|Armenian calendar|| 642 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-651 – -650|
|Coptic calendar||909 – 910|
|Ethiopian calendar||1185 – 1186|
|Hebrew calendar||4953 – 4954|
|- Vikram Samvat||1248 – 1249|
|- Shaka Samvat||1115 – 1116|
|- Kali Yuga||4294 – 4295|
|Iranian calendar||571 – 572|
|Islamic calendar||588 – 590|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1853|
|Thai solar calendar||1736|
- Saladin dies, and the lands of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria are split among his descendants.
- Qutb-ud-Din, a Ghurid slave commander, captures Delhi.
- Muhammad Khilji, a general under the command of Qutb-ud-Din sacks and burns Nalanda, India's greatest Buddhist university.
- Philip II of France marries Ingeborg, daughter of Valdemar I of Denmark.
- Pope Celestine III called for a crusade against pagans in Northern Europe.
- The Aztec civilization began in Mexico
- William de Ferrers (d. 1254)
- Albertus Magnus, German philosopher and theologian (d. 1280)
- John III Ducas Vatatzes, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1254)
- March 4 — Saladin, Sultan of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria (b. c. 1138)
- Balian of Ibelin, noble of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem (b. early 1140s)
- Düsum Khyenpa, 1st Gyalwa Karmapa (b. 1110)
- Minamoto no Noriyori, Japanese general (b. 1156)
- Emperor Renzong of Western Xia, 5th emperor of the Western Xia dynasty (b. 1124)
- Fan Chengda, Chinese poet
Heads of statesEdit
- England — Richard I King of England (reigned 1189–1199)
- France — Philippe II, Auguste King of France (reigned 1180–1223)
- Byzantine Empire — Isaac II Angelus (reigned 1185 to 1195, and 1203–1204)
- Pope — Celestine III (Pope 1191–1198)
- China — Emperor Guangzong of Song (reigned 1189-1194)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1193. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1193 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1193
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 1193
9 people died in 1193
846 people lived in 1193
Events of the year 1193 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1193.
There were 0 military battles in 1193.