Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||12th century - 13th century - 14th century|
|Decades:|| 1170s 1180s 1190s - 1200s - 1210s 1220s 1230s
|Years:||1198 1199 1200 - 1201 - 1202 1203 1204|
|1201 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1201 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1201 |
|Ab urbe condita||1954|
|Armenian calendar|| 650 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-643 – -642|
|Coptic calendar||917 – 918|
|Ethiopian calendar||1193 – 1194|
|Hebrew calendar||4961 – 4962|
|- Vikram Samvat||1256 – 1257|
|- Shaka Samvat||1123 – 1124|
|- Kali Yuga||4302 – 4303|
|Iranian calendar||579 – 580|
|Islamic calendar||597 – 598|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1861|
|Thai solar calendar||1744|
- The town of Riga is chartered as a city by Bishop Albert, who landed on the site of the town with 1500 crusaders earlier that year.
- Boniface of Montferrat is elected leader of the Fourth Crusade, after the death of Theobald III of Champagne.
- Innocent III supports Otto IV as Holy Roman Emperor, against Philip of Swabia.
- The Fourth Crusade Siege of Zadar.
- August 9 — Arnold Fitz Thedmar, English chronicler (d. 1274)
- October 9 — Robert de Sorbon, French theologian and founder of the Sorbonne (d. 1274)
- May 30 — Theobald IV of Champagne, Count of Champagne (d. 1253)
- Ladislaus III of Hungary, King of Hungary (d. 1205)
- Danylo King of Rus, 1st king of Halych-Volhynia (d. 1264)
- Alix of Thouars, Duchess of Brittany (d. 1221)
- March 21 — Absalon, Danish archbishop (b. c. 1128)
- May 24 — Theobald III (b. 1179)
- July 29 — Agnes of Merania, queen of France and wife of king Philip II of France
- September 5 — Constance (b. 1161)
- Bohemund III of Antioch (b. 1144)
- Joachim of Fiore, founder of monastic order of San Giovanni (born 1135)
Heads of statesEdit
- England — John I, King of England (reigned 1199–1216)
- France — Philippe II, Auguste King of France (reigned 1180–1223)
- Pope — Innocent III (pope 1198–1216)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1201. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1201 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1201
9 children were born to the 4 women born in 1201
18 people died in 1201
886 people lived in 1201
Events of the year 1201 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 1201.
|Enguerrand III de Coucy (c1182-1242)||Beatrix de Vignory + Richenza von Braunschweig (1171-1210) + Marie de Montmirall|
|Adelheid von Sayn (c1180-1263)||Gottfried III. von Sponheim (-1223)+Eberhard IV. von Eberstein (c1168-1263)|
There were 0 military battles in 1201.