1205 1206 1207 - 1208 - 1209 1210 1211
| Decades: |
1170s 1180s 1190s - 1200s - 1210s 1220s 1230s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1208 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1208 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1208 |
|Ab urbe condita||1961|
|Armenian calendar|| 657 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-636 – -635|
|Coptic calendar||924 – 925|
|Ethiopian calendar||1200 – 1201|
|Hebrew calendar||4968 – 4969|
|- Vikram Samvat||1263 – 1264|
|- Shaka Samvat||1130 – 1131|
|- Kali Yuga||4309 – 4310|
|Iranian calendar||586 – 587|
|Islamic calendar||604 – 605|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1868|
|Thai solar calendar||1751|
- January 31 - Inferior Swedish forces defeats the invading danes in Battle of Lena.
- April 15- a fire breaks out in the Song Chinese capital city of Hangzhou, raging for four days and nights, destroying 58,097 over an area of more than three miles, killing fifty-nine people, and an unrecorded amount of other people who were trampled while attempting to flee. The government provided temporary lodging for 5,345 people in nearby Buddhist and Taoist monasteries. The collective victims of the disaster were given 160,000 strings of cash, along with 400 tons of rice. Some of the government officials who lost their homes took up residence in rented boathouses on the nearby West Lake.
- June 21 - Philip of Swabia King of Germany and rival Holy Roman Emperor to Otto IV, assassinated in Bamberg by German Count Otto of Wittelsbach because Philip had refused to give him his daughter in marriage.
- With the help of the newly converted local tribes of Livs and Letts, the crusaders initiated raids into part of what is present-day Estonia and ancient fight for independence begins (-1227).
- February 2 - King James I of Aragon (died 1276)
- Humphrey de Bohun, Constable of England (died 1275)
- Möngke Khan of the Mongol Empire
- Simon de Montfort (died 1265)
- Akerian Redfern of the Redfern clan
- April 22 - Philip of Poitou, Prince-Bishop of Durham
- June 21 - Philip of Swabia, king of Germany
- November 9 - Sancha of Castile, queen of Alfonso II of Aragon (born 1155)
- Amhaoibh O'Rothlain, Chief of Calruidhe Cuile Cearnadha
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1208. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1208 at Familypedia
17 people were born in 1208
8 children were born to the 5 women born in 1208
16 people died in 1208
914 people lived in 1208
Events of the year 1208 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1208.
There were 0 military battles in 1208.