1214 1215 1216 - 1217 - 1218 1219 1220
| Decades: |
1180s 1190s 1200s - 1210s - 1220s 1230s 1240s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1217 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1217 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1217 |
|Ab urbe condita||1970|
|Armenian calendar|| 666 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-627 – -626|
|Coptic calendar||933 – 934|
|Ethiopian calendar||1209 – 1210|
|Hebrew calendar||4977 – 4978|
|- Vikram Samvat||1272 – 1273|
|- Shaka Samvat||1139 – 1140|
|- Kali Yuga||4318 – 4319|
|Iranian calendar||595 – 596|
|Islamic calendar||613 – 614|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1877|
|Thai solar calendar||1760|
- April 9 - Peter of Courtenay crowned emperor of the Latin Empire of Constantinople at Rome, by Pope Honorius III
- May 20 - First Barons' War, royalist victory at Lincoln.
- August 24 - First Barons' War, Battle of Sandwich between English and French soldiers in the English Channel - mercenary Eustace the Monk working for the French side, is captured and beheaded.
- September 11 - Treaty of Lambeth ends First Barons' War.
- September 21 - Battle of St. Matthew's Day between Germans and Estonians.
- Kingdom of Serbia founded
- Fifth Crusade begins with a failed Christian attack on Egypt.
- Genghis Khan destroys Kara-Khitai.
- England decrees that only Englishman could be clergy of Ireland.
- Mukhali is back in Genghis Khan's camp in Mongolia and receives hereditary title of prince, golden seal, white standard with 9 tails and a black crescent in the middle. He is appointed commander in chief of operations in North China.
- John I (died 1286)
- Baldwin, Latin Emperor of Constantinople (died 1273)
- Henry I of Cyprus
- Eleanor of Provence, Queen of Henry III of England (died 1291)
- Hulagu Khan, Mongol ruler of Persia (died 1265)
- Boniface of Savoy (died 1270)
- April 23 - Inge II of Norway (born 1185)
- April 25 - Hermann I, Landgrave of Thuringia
- August 24 - Eustace the Monk, French mercenary and pirate
- September 10 - William de Reviers, English nobleman
- September 21 - Lembitu of Lehola, Estonian resistance leader and Caupo of Turaida, Livonian leader, killed at the Battle of St. Matthew's Day.
- October 14 - Isabel of Gloucester, wife of King John of England
- Maria Comnena, wife of Amalric I of Jerusalem
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1217. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1217 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1217
6 children were born to the 3 women born in 1217
22 people died in 1217
891 people lived in 1217
Events of the year 1217 at FamilypediaEdit
13 people were married in 1217.
There were 1 military battles in 1217.
|Battle of Lincoln (1217)||20 May 1217|