1232 1233 1234 - 1235 - 1236 1237 1238
| Decades: |
1200s 1210s 1220s - 1230s - 1240s 1250s 1260s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1235 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1235 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1235 |
|Ab urbe condita||1988|
|Armenian calendar|| 684 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-609 – -608|
|Coptic calendar||951 – 952|
|Ethiopian calendar||1227 – 1228|
|Hebrew calendar||4995 – 4996|
|- Vikram Samvat||1290 – 1291|
|- Shaka Samvat||1157 – 1158|
|- Kali Yuga||4336 – 4337|
|Iranian calendar||613 – 614|
|Islamic calendar||632 – 633|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1895|
|Thai solar calendar||1778|
- The Normans invade Connacht.
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary is canonized by Pope Gregory IX. She died on November 17 1231 at age 24, either from physical fatigue or from disease, in Marburg.
- A general inquisition begins in France.
- The Byzantine emperor John III Ducas Vatatzes and the Bulgarian tsar Ivan Asen II besiege Constantinople in an attempt to take it from its Latin rulers, John of Brienne and Baldwin II. Angelo Sanudo successfully negotiates a two-year truce.
- Sundiata Keita's victory at the Battle of Kirina marks the beginning of the Mali Empire.
- The Lancaster Royal Grammar School is founded.
- A Chinese text of this year records that Hangzhou City, the capital of the Song Dynasty, held various social clubs that included a West Lake Poetry Club, the Buddhist Tea Society, the Physical Fitness Club, the Anglers' Club, the Occult Club, the Young Girls' Chorus, the Exotic Foods Club, the Plants and Fruits Club, the Antique Collectors' Club, the Horse-Lovers' Club, and the Refined Music Society.
- Henry of Almain, King of the Romans (died 1271)
- Pope Boniface VIII (approximate date; died 1303)
- Dafydd ap Gruffydd, Prince of Wales (died 1283)
- Ramon Llull, Catalan writer and philosopher (died 1315)
- Saint Rose of Viterbo (died 1252)
- Arnold of Villanova, Spanish alchemist and physician (died 1311)
- Qian Xuan, Chinese painter (d. 1305)
- January 14 - Saint Sava of Serbia (born 1175)
- September 5 - Henry I (born 1165)
- October 26 - Andrew II of Hungary (born 1175)
- Rabbi David Kimhi, Biblical commentator (born 1160)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1235. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1235 at Familypedia
33 people were born in 1235
14 children were born to the 11 women born in 1235
14 people died in 1235
921 people lived in 1235
Events of the year 1235 at FamilypediaEdit
14 people were married in 1235.
There were 0 military battles in 1235.