Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1234 1235 1236 - 1237 - 1238 1239 1240
| Decades: |
1200s 1210s 1220s - 1230s - 1240s 1250s 1260s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1237 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1237 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1237 |
|Ab urbe condita||1990|
|Armenian calendar|| 686 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-607 – -606|
|Coptic calendar||953 – 954|
|Ethiopian calendar||1229 – 1230|
|Hebrew calendar||4997 – 4998|
|- Vikram Samvat||1292 – 1293|
|- Shaka Samvat||1159 – 1160|
|- Kali Yuga||4338 – 4339|
|Iranian calendar||615 – 616|
|Islamic calendar||634 – 635|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1897|
|Thai solar calendar||1780|
- Thomas II of Savoy becomes count of Flanders.
- Elbląg, Poland is founded.
- Representatives of all 4 khanates leed 150000 Mongol, Turkish and Persian troops into Europe.
- The Mongols invade Russia.
- Gualdo Tadino, Italy, is destroyed by fire.
- The County of Artois is founded in France.
- Baldwin II becomes Latin Emperor of Constantinople.
- Conrad IV of Germany becomes King of Germany.
- The Livonian Brothers of the Sword unite with the Teutonic Knights.
- Frederick II defeats Lombard League at Battle of Cortenuova
- A major fire destroys some 30,000 dwellings in the Chinese capital city of Hangzhou.
- April 15 - Richard Poore, English ecclesiastic
- June 6 - John de Scotia
- John of Brienne, king of Jerusalem and Latin Emperor of Constantinople (born c. 1148)
- Jordanus Nemorarius, German scientist
- Pons de Capduelh, French troubadour
- September 23 - Snorri Sturluson, Icelandic historian, poet and politician (born c.1178)
- Aragon - James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile - Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and Leon (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
- Joan, wife of Llwelyn the Great
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1237. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1237 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1237
10 children were born to the 6 women born in 1237
24 people died in 1237
912 people lived in 1237
Events of the year 1237 at FamilypediaEdit
21 people were married in 1237.
There were 0 military battles in 1237.