1235 1236 1237 - 1238 - 1239 1240 1241
| Decades: |
1200s 1210s 1220s - 1230s - 1240s 1250s 1260s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1238 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1238 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1238 |
|Ab urbe condita||1991|
|Armenian calendar|| 687 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-606 – -605|
|Coptic calendar||954 – 955|
|Ethiopian calendar||1230 – 1231|
|Hebrew calendar||4998 – 4999|
|- Vikram Samvat||1293 – 1294|
|- Shaka Samvat||1160 – 1161|
|- Kali Yuga||4339 – 4340|
|Iranian calendar||616 – 617|
|Islamic calendar||635 – 636|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1898|
|Thai solar calendar||1781|
- Battle of the Sit River was fought in the northern part of the present-day Yaroslavl Oblast of Russia between the Mongol Hordes of Batu Khan and the Russians under George II of Vladimir-Suzdal (also known as Yuri II) during the Mongol invasion of Rus.
- In the Iberian peninsula, James I of Aragon captures the city of Valencia September 28 from the Moors; the Moors retreat to Granada.
- Mongols seize Moscow, at that time a small town.
- Peterborough Cathedral is consecrated.
- The Khmers are expelled from Luang Phrabang in Laos.
- The Sukhothai kingdom is founded in Thailand.
- The seat of the patriarchate of Aquileia is transferred to Udine.
- Simon de Montfort marries Eleanor, sister of Henry III of England.
- The Battle of Örlygsstaðir takes place -- it is the largest armed conflict in the history of Iceland
- Nizamuddin Auliya, Indian Sufi saint ( died 1325)
- Theobald V of Champagne (approximate date; died 1270)
- Frederick III (died 1302)
- Meinhard II of Gorizia-Tyrol (died 1295)
- Shri Madhvacharya, Vaishnavite saint and founder of Dvaita school ( year he left for Upper Badari 1317)
- Henry de Montfort, son of Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester (died 1265)
- Magnus Lagabøte, king of Norway (died 1280)
- March 4 - Joan of England, wife of Alexander II of Scotland (born 1210)
- March 4 - George II of Vladimir-Suzdal (Yuri II, Grand Prince of Vladimir) (b. 1189)
- March 19 - Duke Henry I of Poland (b. 1163)
- Al-Kamil, Ayyubid sultan of Egypt
- Hugh le Despenser I, English nobleman)
- Peter des Roches, bishop of Winchester
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1238. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1238 at Familypedia
17 people were born in 1238
9 children were born to the 6 women born in 1238
19 people died in 1238
907 people lived in 1238
Events of the year 1238 at FamilypediaEdit
16 people were married in 1238.
There were 1 military battles in 1238.
|Battle of the Sit River (1238)||4 March 1238 JL|