1248 1249 1250 - 1251 - 1252 1253 1254
| Decades: |
1220s 1230s 1240s - 1250s - 1260s 1270s 1280s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1251 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1251 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1251 |
|Ab urbe condita||2004|
|Armenian calendar|| 700 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-593 – -592|
|Coptic calendar||967 – 968|
|Ethiopian calendar||1243 – 1244|
|Hebrew calendar||5011 – 5012|
|- Vikram Samvat||1306 – 1307|
|- Shaka Samvat||1173 – 1174|
|- Kali Yuga||4352 – 4353|
|Iranian calendar||629 – 630|
|Islamic calendar||648 – 649|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1911|
|Thai solar calendar||1794|
- April - The first Shepherds' Crusade, a domestic French uprising in response to events in Egypt during the Seventh Crusade, occurs.
- December 26 - King Alexander III of Scotland marries Margaret, daughter of King Henry III of England, precipitating a power struggle between the two monarchs.
- Andrew de Longjumeau, dispatched two years earlier by King Louis IX of France as an ambassador to the Mongols, meets the king in Palestine, with reports from the Mongols and Tartary; his mission is considered a failure.
- Mindaugas of Lithuania is baptized, in prelude to his crowning as King of Lithuania in 1253.
- Alexander Nevsky signs the first peace treaty between Kievan Rus' and Norway.
- King Conrad IV of Germany invades Italy, but fails to subdue the supporters of Pope Innocent IV.
- The German city of Berlin, founded some fifty years earlier, receives its city charter.
- Ottokar II of Bohemia, later to become King of Bohemia, is elected Duke of Austria.
- The earliest known manuscript of The Proverbs of Alfred, a collection of sayings of England's Alfred the Great, is written.
- Möngke Khan is elected as the fourth great Khan of the Mongol Empire.
- Carving of the Tripitaka Koreana, a collection of Buddhist scriptures recorded on some 81,000 wooden blocks, is completed.
- Bohemund V of Antioch
- Peter I (born 1190)
- Eljigidei, Mongol commander of Persia
- Isobel of Huntingdon (born 1199)
- Matthias II
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1251. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1251 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1251
15 children were born to the 8 women born in 1251
20 people died in 1251
909 people lived in 1251
Events of the year 1251 at FamilypediaEdit
14 people were married in 1251.
There were 0 military battles in 1251.