1260 1261 1262 - 1263 - 1264 1265 1266
| Decades: |
1230s 1240s 1250s - 1260s - 1270s 1280s 1290s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1263 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1263 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1263 |
|Ab urbe condita||2016|
|Armenian calendar|| 712 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-581 – -580|
|Coptic calendar||979 – 980|
|Ethiopian calendar||1255 – 1256|
|Hebrew calendar||5023 – 5024|
|- Vikram Samvat||1318 – 1319|
|- Shaka Samvat||1185 – 1186|
|- Kali Yuga||4364 – 4365|
|Iranian calendar||641 – 642|
|Islamic calendar||661 – 662|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1923|
|Thai solar calendar||1806|
War and politicsEdit
- October - King Alexander III of Scotland defeats the Viking armada of King Haakon IV of Norway in the Battle of Largs.
- King James I of Aragon conquers Crevillente, Spain from the Moors during the Reconquista.
- Mindaugas, the only Christian king of Lithuania, is assassinated by his cousin Treniota.
- The chieftains of the eastern part of Iceland become the last to pledge fealty to the Norwegian king, bringing a more complete end to the Icelandic Commonwealth and the Icelandic civil war.
- Genoa captures the city of Chania on Crete from the Venetians.
- Hulagu Khan is defeated in an attempted invasion north of the Caucasus.
- Based on Magdeburg Law Żnin (Poland) was given city rights
- Nahmanides, chief rabbi of Catalonia, defends the Talmud in an important disputation against Pablo Christiani before King James I of Aragon.
- The doctrines of theologian Joachim of Fiore are condemned as heresy by the Roman Catholic Church at a synod in Arles.
- Balliol College is founded by John de Balliol.
- The Savoy Palace is constructed in London by Count Peter II of Savoy.
- March 19 - Hugh of St Cher, French cardinal
- September 12 - Mindaugas, King of Lithuania
- November 14 - Alexander Nevsky, Grand Prince of Novgorod and Vladimir
- December 15 - King Haakon IV of Norway (born 1204)
- Hamo de Crevequer, Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports
- Count Boniface of Savoy
- Hōjō Tokiyori, regent of Japan (born 1227)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1263. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1263 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1263
9 children were born to the 4 women born in 1263
21 people died in 1263
915 people lived in 1263
Events of the year 1263 at FamilypediaEdit
16 people were married in 1263.
There were 0 military battles in 1263.