Events and trendsEdit
- 1279 BC — Pharaoh Seti I dies.
- c. 1279 BC (May 31) — Ramesses II (19th dynasty) becomes pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC–1213 BC — Temple of Ramesses II in Abu Simbel, Nubia (19th dynasty) was built. Wall painting of Queen Nefertari making an offering to the god Isis in the tomb of Nefertari was made. The tomb is located in the Valley of the Queens in Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC - 1213 BC - Temple of Amun, Mut and Khons, Luxor, Nineteenth dynasty of Egypt, is built.
- 1274 BC (July) — The Battle of Kadesh in Syria. Signing of the earliest known peace treaty at the end of the Battle of Kadesh between the Hittites and Egyptians.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1270s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|