Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1278 1279 1280 - 1281 - 1282 1283 1284
| Decades: |
1250s 1260s 1270s - 1280s - 1290s 1300s 1310s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1281 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1281 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1281 |
|Ab urbe condita||2034|
|Armenian calendar|| 730 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-563 – -562|
|Coptic calendar||997 – 998|
|Ethiopian calendar||1273 – 1274|
|Hebrew calendar||5041 – 5042|
|- Vikram Samvat||1336 – 1337|
|- Shaka Samvat||1203 – 1204|
|- Kali Yuga||4382 – 4383|
|Iranian calendar||659 – 660|
|Islamic calendar||679 – 680|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1941|
|Thai solar calendar||1824|
- Pope Martin IV succeeds Pope Nicholas III as the 189th pope.
- Pope Martin IV authorizes a Crusade against the newly re-established Byzantine Empire in Constantinople; French and Venetian expeditions set out toward Constantinople but are forced to turn back in the following year.
- October 29 - Mamluk sultan Qalawun defeats an invasion of Syria by Mongol Ilkhan Abaqa Khan at the 2nd Battle of Homs.
- Osman I, founder of the Ottoman Empire, becomes bey of the Sögüt tribe in central Anatolia; in 1299 he will declare independence from the Seljuk Turks, marking the birth of the Ottoman Empire.
- An offensive by the Byzantine Empire significantly reduces the size of the Kingdom of Albania, as it recaptures land seized from the Despotate of Epirus by Charles I of Sicily ten years earlier.
- August 12 - The second Mongol invasion of Japan is foiled at the Battle of Kōan (or Battle of Hakata Bay) as a large typhoon — famously called a kamikaze, or divine wind — destroys much of the combined Chinese and Korean fleet and forces, numbering over 140,000 men and 4,000 ships.
- Kublai Khan orders the burning of sacred Taoist texts, resulting in the reduction in number of volumes of the Dao Zheng (Taoist Canon) from 4,565 to 1,120.
- The Mon kingdom of Haripunchai falls as its capital Lamphun (in present-day Thailand) is captured by King Mengrai's Lannathai kingdom.
- Richard De Bury, English statesman (died 1345)
- Castruccio Castracani, duke of Lucca (died 1328)
- Yuri III Danilovich, Grand Prince of Russia (died 1325)
- Henry (died 1345)
- Hamdollah Mostowfi, Ilkhanid Iranian historian (died 1349)
- Rudolph I of Bohemia (died 1307)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1281. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1281 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1281
1 children were born to the 2 women born in 1281
22 people died in 1281
904 people lived in 1281
Events of the year 1281 at FamilypediaEdit
17 people were married in 1281.
There were 0 military battles in 1281.