Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1280 1281 1282 - 1283 - 1284 1285 1286
| Decades: |
1250s 1260s 1270s - 1280s - 1290s 1300s 1310s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1283 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1283 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1283 |
|Ab urbe condita||2036|
|Armenian calendar|| 732 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-561 – -560|
|Coptic calendar||999 – 1000|
|Ethiopian calendar||1275 – 1276|
|Hebrew calendar||5043 – 5044|
|- Vikram Samvat||1338 – 1339|
|- Shaka Samvat||1205 – 1206|
|- Kali Yuga||4384 – 4385|
|Iranian calendar||661 – 662|
|Islamic calendar||681 – 682|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1943|
|Thai solar calendar||1826|
- June 1 - The young Duke Rudolph II of Austria is forced to yield his claim on the Duchies of Austria and Styria to his elder brother, Albert I of Germany, under the Treaty of Rheinfelden.
- July 8 - At the naval Battle of Malta at Valletta, an Angevin fleet sent to help put down a rebellion on Malta is defeated by the fleet of Roger of Lauria.
- October 3 - Death by hanging is first used as a form of capital punishment (for the newly created crime of high treason) by King Edward I of England in his execution of Dafydd ap Gruffydd, the last ruler of an independent Wales.
- Construction of Caernarfon castle, Conwy Castle, and Harlech Castle is begun in Wales by King Edward I of England as a system of defenses against possible future Welsh uprisings.
- King Philip III of France causes a mass migration of Jews when he outlaws their residence in the small villages and rural localities of France.
- The E codex of the Cantigas de Santa Maria, a collection of Portuguese musical manuscripts, is dated to between 1280 and 1283.
- The Libro de los juegos, an early European treatise on board games (including chess, dice, and a version of backgammon), is commissioned by King Alfonso X of Castile between 1251 and 1283.
- Jakub Swinka becomes archbishop of Gniezno.
- King Ramkhamhaeng the Great of the Sukhothai kingdom creates the Thai alphabet, according to tradition.
- Kublai Khan's Mongol Empire invades the Khmer empire of present-day Cambodia; King Jayavarman VIII decides to pay tribute rather than fight the invasion, buying peace and preserving the empire.
- Construction on the northern section of the Grand Canal of China is completed.
- The city of Guiyang is founded in China.
- Earthquake destroys two thirds of the cave city of Vardzia
- January 9 - Wen Tianxiang, Chinese prime minister (executed (born 1236)
- October 3 - Dafydd ap Gruffydd, Welsh Prince of Gwynedd (executed)
- Philip, Persian poet (born 1243)
- Piotr z Bogorii i Skotnik, Polish nobleman
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1283. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1283 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1283
1 children were born to the 3 women born in 1283
21 people died in 1283
880 people lived in 1283
Events of the year 1283 at FamilypediaEdit
5 people were married in 1283.
There were 0 military battles in 1283.