1286 1287 1288 - 1289 - 1290 1291 1292
| Decades: |
1250s 1260s 1270s - 1280s - 1290s 1300s 1310s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1289 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1289 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1289 |
|Ab urbe condita||2042|
|Armenian calendar|| 738 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-555 – -554|
|Coptic calendar||1005 – 1006|
|Ethiopian calendar||1281 – 1282|
|Hebrew calendar||5049 – 5050|
|- Vikram Samvat||1344 – 1345|
|- Shaka Samvat||1211 – 1212|
|- Kali Yuga||4390 – 4391|
|Iranian calendar||667 – 668|
|Islamic calendar||687 – 688|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1949|
|Thai solar calendar||1832|
- June 11 - The Italian Guelph and Ghibelline factions fight in the battle of Campaldino; the Guelph victory secures their position of power in Florence.
- Pope Nicholas IV formally constitutes the University of Montpellier in France by papal bull, combining various existing schools under the mantle of a single university.
- Construction of Conwy Castle, ordered by King Edward I of England, is completed in Wales.
- Jews are expelled from Gascony and Anjou in France.
- Construction of the Belaya Vezha tower in Belarus is completed.
- April 27 - Mamluk sultan Qalawun captures the County of Tripoli (in present-day Lebanon) after a month-long siege, thus extinguishing the crusader state.
- Franciscan friars begin missionary work in China.
- Japan: Prince Subaru conquers the province of Saitama.
- The 5,452 meter (17,887 feet) high volcano Popocatépetl is first ascended by members of the Tecuanipas tribe in present-day Mexico.
- October 4 - King Louis X of France (died 1316)
- October 6 - King Wenceslaus III of Bohemia (died 1306)
- King Leo IV of Armenia (died 1307)
- March 12 - King Demetre II of Georgia (born 1259)
- King Leo III of Armenia
- Petrus de Dacia, Swedish monk and author
- Ugolino della Gherardesca
- Ippen, Japanese monk (born 1239)
- Gruffydd Fychan I, last ruling prince of Powys Fadog.
- The Doctor Who serial Marco Polo is set in 1289, where Doctor Who joins Marco Polo travelling along the Silk Road toward Beijing.
- 1289 is a 4.5 volt battery with 3 cells in flat side by side format and brass strip connections, also known as MN1203, 3LR12 and many other "R12" variations.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1289. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1289 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1289
11 children were born to the 7 women born in 1289
18 people died in 1289
889 people lived in 1289
Events of the year 1289 at FamilypediaEdit
11 people were married in 1289.
There were 0 military battles in 1289.