Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1290 1291 1292 - 1293 - 1294 1295 1296
| Decades: |
1260s 1270s 1280s - 1290s - 1300s 1310s 1320s
| Centuries: |
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1293 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1293 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1293 |
|Ab urbe condita||2046|
|Armenian calendar|| 742 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-551 – -550|
|Coptic calendar||1009 – 1010|
|Ethiopian calendar||1285 – 1286|
|Hebrew calendar||5053 – 5054|
|- Vikram Samvat||1348 – 1349|
|- Shaka Samvat||1215 – 1216|
|- Kali Yuga||4394 – 4395|
|Iranian calendar||671 – 672|
|Islamic calendar||692 – 693|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1953|
|Thai solar calendar||1836|
- May 20 - King Sancho IV of Castile creates the Studium General, forerunner to the modern Complutense University of Madrid.
- May 26 - An earthquake in Kamakura, Japan kills an estimated 30,000.
- December - Mamluk sultan of Egypt Khalil is assassinated by his regent Baydara, who briefly claims the sultanate before being assassinated himself by a rival political faction.
- Torkel Knutsson leads Sweden in beginning the Third Swedish Crusade against unchristianized Finnish Karelia.
- Dante Alighieri completes the book of verse La Vita Nuova.
- Khubilai sends a fleet to the islands of Southeast Asia, including Java.
- The Hindu Majapahit Empire of the Malay archipelago is founded by Kertarajasa, who exploits internal conflict and Mongol intervention to defeat the Singhasari kingdom and establish the empire.
- The Japanese era Shōō ends, and the Einin era begins.
- Margaret de Clare, English noblewoman (died 1342)
- Felim mac Aedh Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht (died 1316)
- Philip V of France (died 1322)
- Philip VI of France (died 1350)
- John of Ruysbroeck, Flemish mystic (approximate date; died 1381)
- Walter Stewart (died 1326)
- May 2 - Meir of Rothenburg, German rabbi (born c. 1215)
- Henry of Ghent, philosopher (born c. 1217)
- Khalil, Mamluk sultan of Egypt
- David VI Narin, King of Georgia (born 1225)
- Dmitri of Pereslavl, Grand Duke of Vladimir-Suzdal
- William of Rubruck, Franciscan missionary (approximate date; born c. 1220)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1293. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1293 at Familypedia
19 people were born in 1293
16 children were born to the 13 women born in 1293
17 people died in 1293
888 people lived in 1293
Events of the year 1293 at FamilypediaEdit
11 people were married in 1293.
There were 0 military battles in 1293.