1341 1342 1343 - 1344 - 1345 1346 1347
| Decades: |
1310s 1320s 1330s - 1340s - 1350s 1360s 1370s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1344 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1344 |
|Ab urbe condita||2097|
|Armenian calendar|| 793 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-500 – -499|
|Coptic calendar||1060 – 1061|
|Ethiopian calendar||1336 – 1337|
|Hebrew calendar||5104 – 5105|
|- Vikram Samvat||1399 – 1400|
|- Shaka Samvat||1266 – 1267|
|- Kali Yuga||4445 – 4446|
|Iranian calendar||722 – 723|
|Islamic calendar||744 – 745|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2004|
|Thai solar calendar||1887|
- English king Edward III introduces three new gold coins, the florin. leopard, and helm. Unfortunately the amount of gold in the coins does not match their value of six shillings, three shillings, and one shilling and sixpence, so they have to be withdrawn and mostly melted down by August of this year.
- Vesse, the rebel King of Saaremaa island in Estonia, was hanged.
- Foundation of Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec civilization.
- Amda Siyon.
- Constantine IV of Armenia.
- Gersonides, French rabbi and mathematician (born 1288).
- Jaghmini, Persian physician.
- Simone Martini, Sienese painter (born 1284).
- William Montacute (born 1301).
- Vesse, the rebel King of Saaremaa.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1344. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1344 at Familypedia
16 people were born in 1344
13 children were born to the 10 women born in 1344
20 people died in 1344
834 people lived in 1344
Events of the year 1344 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 1344.
There were 0 military battles in 1344.