1346 1347 1348 - 1349 - 1350 1351 1352
| Decades: |
1310s 1320s 1330s - 1340s - 1350s 1360s 1370s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|List of state leaders in 1349|
|1349 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1349 |
|Ab urbe condita||2102|
|Armenian calendar|| 798 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-495 – -494|
|Coptic calendar||1065 – 1066|
|Ethiopian calendar||1341 – 1342|
|Hebrew calendar||5109 – 5110|
|- Vikram Samvat||1404 – 1405|
|- Shaka Samvat||1271 – 1272|
|- Kali Yuga||4450 – 4451|
|Iranian calendar||727 – 728|
|Islamic calendar||749 – 750|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2009|
|Thai solar calendar||1892|
- January 9 - The Jewish population of Basel, Switzerland is rounded up and incinerated, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing bubonic plague.
- February 14 - Roughly 2,000 Jews are burned to death in Strasbourg.
- May - Black Death ceases in Ireland
- August 24 - Black Death outbreak in Elbing (modern-day Elbląg in Poland).
- October 20 - Pope Clement VI publishes a papal bull that condemns the Flagellants.
- The Black Death spreads to Norway when an English ship with everyone dead on board floats to Bergen.
- Pope Clement VI annuls the marriage of William Montacute, and Joan of Kent, on the grounds of her prior marriage to Thomas Holland.
- 16000 Jews are killed in Strasbourg during the year.
- Ibn Battuta arrives in Fez in Morocco.
- September 9 - Duke Albert III of Austria (died 1395)
- Friar John, Minister of the Friars Preachers of Ireland (alive 1405)
- May 31 - Thomas Wake, English politician (born 1297)
- After June - Friar John Clyn, Franciscan and Irish chronicler
- August 26 - Thomas Bradwardine, Archbishop of Canterbury
- September 11 - Bonne of Luxembourg, queen of John II of France (born 1315)
- Agnès of Valois, daughter of John II of France (born 1345)
- Joan II of Navarre, daughter of Louis X of France (born 1311)
- James III of Majorca (born 1315)
- Hamdollah Mostowfi, Persian historian and geographer (born 1281)
- Richard Rolle, English religious writer (born 1300)
- Günther von Schwarzburg, German king (born 1304)
- William of Ockham, English philosopher (born 1285)
- In Michael Crichton's novel Timeline, Robert Doniger is sent back to 1349, where he acquires the black death.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1349. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1349 at Familypedia
5 people were born in 1349
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 1349
27 people died in 1349
794 people lived in 1349
Events of the year 1349 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1349.
There were 1 military battles in 1349.
|Battle of Llucmajor||25 October 1349|