1352 1353 1354 - 1355 - 1356 1357 1358
| Decades: |
1320s 1330s 1340s - 1350s - 1360s 1370s 1380s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1355 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1355 |
|Ab urbe condita||2108|
|Armenian calendar|| 804 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-489 – -488|
|Coptic calendar||1071 – 1072|
|Ethiopian calendar||1347 – 1348|
|Hebrew calendar||5115 – 5116|
|- Vikram Samvat||1410 – 1411|
|- Shaka Samvat||1277 – 1278|
|- Kali Yuga||4456 – 4457|
|Iranian calendar||733 – 734|
|Islamic calendar||755 – 756|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2015|
|Thai solar calendar||1898|
- January 7 - Portuguese king Afonso IV sends three men to kill Ines de Castro, beloved of his son prince Pedro - Pedro revolts and incites a civil war.
- February 10 - The St. Scholastica's Day riot broke out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- April - Philip of Anjou marries Mary of Naples, daughter of Charles of Valois, duke of Calabria, and Mary of Valois.
- April 5 - Charles IV crowned emperor in Rome.
- April 18 - In Venice, the Council of Ten beheads Doge Marin Falier for conspiring to kill them.
- September 1 - Tvrtko I writes in castro nostro Vizoka vocatum from old town Visoki.
- A small Scottish and French force invade Northumberland, loot the city of Berwick-upon-Tweed and defeat a small English force in a skirmish at Nisbet.
- January 7 - Thomas of Woodstock, son of King Edward III of England (died 1397)
- August 16 - Philippa Plantagenet, Countess of Ulster
- Manuel Chrysoloras, Byzantine humanist (died 1415)
- Konrad von Jungingen, 25th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order
- April 18 - Doge Marin Falier, Italian ruler (executed)
- August 3 - Bartholomew de Burghersh
- December 5 - John III (born 1300)
- Inês de Castro, lover of King Peter I of Portugal (murdered)
- Stefan Dusan, Emperor of Serbia
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1355. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1355 at Familypedia
20 people were born in 1355
16 children were born to the 11 women born in 1355
17 people died in 1355
795 people lived in 1355
Events of the year 1355 at FamilypediaEdit
13 people were married in 1355.
There were 0 military battles in 1355.