Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1353 1354 1355 - 1356 - 1357 1358 1359
| Decades: |
1320s 1330s 1340s - 1350s - 1360s 1370s 1380s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1356 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1356 |
|Ab urbe condita||2109|
|Armenian calendar|| 805 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-488 – -487|
|Coptic calendar||1072 – 1073|
|Ethiopian calendar||1348 – 1349|
|Hebrew calendar||5116 – 5117|
|- Vikram Samvat||1411 – 1412|
|- Shaka Samvat||1278 – 1279|
|- Kali Yuga||4457 – 4458|
|Iranian calendar||734 – 735|
|Islamic calendar||756 – 758|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2016|
|Thai solar calendar||1899|
- January 20 - Edward Balliol surrenders title as King of Scotland to Edward III of England
- September 19 - Battle of Poitiers The English, commanded by the Black Prince, defeat the French in the Hundred Years' War, capturing the King John II of France in the process.
- October 18 - The Basel earthquake destroys the city of Basel in Switzerland.
- December 25 - Emperor Charles IV. promulgates the Golden Bull, a sort of medieval constitution for the Holy Roman Empire
- The city of Lwów granted Magdeburg rights by Casimir III of Poland
- The majority of the Great Pyramid of Giza's limestone casing stones are removed by Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan to build fortresses and mosques in the nearby city of Cairo, leaving the first of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World in the step-stone condition in which it remains today.
- Burnt Candlemas - Edward III of England burns down every town and village in Lothian, Scotland.
- The official founding of the Hanseatic League, a trading alliance between many cities in northern Europe.
- Ghazan II replaces Anusirvan as ruler of the Il-Khanate in Persia.
- September 19 - Killed at the Battle of Poitiers:
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1356. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1356 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 1356
3 children were born to the 4 women born in 1356
19 people died in 1356
788 people lived in 1356
Events of the year 1356 at FamilypediaEdit
9 people were married in 1356.
There were 2 military battles in 1356.
|Battle of Poitiers (1356)||19 September 1356 JL|
|Battle of Leveste||19 September 1356 JL|