1355 1356 1357 - 1358 - 1359 1360 1361
| Decades: |
1320s 1330s 1340s - 1350s - 1360s 1370s 1380s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1358 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1358 |
|Ab urbe condita||2111|
|Armenian calendar|| 807 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-486 – -485|
|Coptic calendar||1074 – 1075|
|Ethiopian calendar||1350 – 1351|
|Hebrew calendar||5118 – 5119|
|- Vikram Samvat||1413 – 1414|
|- Shaka Samvat||1280 – 1281|
|- Kali Yuga||4459 – 4460|
|Iranian calendar||736 – 737|
|Islamic calendar||759 – 760|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2018|
|Thai solar calendar||1901|
- March 16 - King Haakon VI Magnusson of Norway designated the city of Skien as a city with trading privileges, making it the 6th town with city status in the country.
- June - The Jacquerie. A Peasant rebellion in France during the Hundred Year's War, which consumed the Beauvais and allied with Etienne Marcel's seizure of Paris. Was defeated on the 10th July at the Battle of Mello.
- June 27 - Republic of Dubrovnik founded
- Estimation: Nanjing in Mongolian China becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Hangzhou in Mongolian China.
- Mubarazuddin Muhammad, leader of the Arab Muzaffarid tribe, expels the Blue Horde from Il-Khanate territory in Persia. The Muzaffarid then release control of the Il-Khanate after being marched on by the Mongol Jalayirid tribe ruled by Shaikh Uvais. Shaikh Uvais becomes the new Il-Khan. The Il-Khanate is effectively now disbanded and replaced by the Jalayirid dynasty of Persia.
- Shah Shuja overthrows his father, Mubarazuddin Muhammad, as leader of the Muzaffarid tribe.
- Mohammed Shah I becomes Bahmani Sultan of Deccan (now part of southern India) after the death of Sultan Aladdin Hassan Bahman Shah.
- Muhammad II as Said becomes ruler of the Merinid Dynasty in present-day Morocco after the assassination of Abu Inan Faris.
- January 20 - Eleanor of Aragon, queen of John I of Castile (died 1382)
- August 24 - King John I of Castile (died 1390)
- September 25 - Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, Japanese shogun (died 1408)
- Richard Whittington, Lord Mayor of London (died 1423)
- June 7 - Ashikaga Takauji, Japanese shogun (born 1305)
- July 10 - Guillaume Caillet, French Peasant Revolutionary (Executed)
- August 16 - Duke Albert II of Austria (born 1298)
- August 22 - Isabella of France, queen of Edward II of England (born 1295)
- Jean Buridan, French philosopher (born 1300)
- Étienne Marcel, Provost of the merchants of Paris
- Aladdin Hassan Bahman Shah, the first Bahmani Sultan of Deccan.
- Abu Inan Faris, ruler of the Merinid dynasty in Morocco (assassinated)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1358. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1358 at Familypedia
16 people were born in 1358
26 children were born to the 10 women born in 1358
13 people died in 1358
776 people lived in 1358
Events of the year 1358 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1358.
There were 0 military battles in 1358.