1356 1357 1358 - 1359 - 1360 1361 1362
| Decades: |
1320s 1330s 1340s - 1350s - 1360s 1370s 1380s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1359 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1359 |
|Ab urbe condita||2112|
|Armenian calendar|| 808 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-485 – -484|
|Coptic calendar||1075 – 1076|
|Ethiopian calendar||1351 – 1352|
|Hebrew calendar||5119 – 5120|
|- Vikram Samvat||1414 – 1415|
|- Shaka Samvat||1281 – 1282|
|- Kali Yuga||4460 – 4461|
|Iranian calendar||737 – 738|
|Islamic calendar||760 – 761|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2019|
|Thai solar calendar||1902|
- July 4 - Francesco II Ordelaffi surrenders to the Papal commander Gil de Albornoz.
- Change of sultan of the Ottoman Empire from Orhan I (1326-1359) to Murad I (1359-1389) .
- Berlin joins the Hanseatic League.
- Margarete Maultasch, Countess of Tyrol, and her husband Louis of Bavaria are absolved from excommunication.
- Second Treaty of London signed between England and France, but rejected by the French States-General on May 25.
- Abu Salim Ali II overthrows Muhammad II as Said as ruler of the Merinid Dynasty in present-day Morocco.
- Bogdan I becomes Prince of Moldavia (now Moldova) after freeing it from Hungarian control.
- The Zayanids under Abu Hamuw II recapture Algeria.
- Shah Mahmud overthrows his brother, Shah Shuja, as leader of the Muzaffarid tribe in Persia.
- Qulpa becomes Khan of the Blue Horde after the death of Berdi Beg.
- Ismail II overthrows his uncle, Muhammed V, as King of Grenada (in present-day Spain).
- January 11 - Emperor Go-En'yu of Japan (d. 1393
- Owain Glyndŵr, last Welsh Prince of Wales (died 1416)
- Philippa of Lancaster, queen of John I of Portugal (died 1415)
- October 10 - King Hugh IV of Cyprus (born 1310)
- November 13 - Ivan II of Russia, Grand Duke of Moscovy (b. 1326)
- November 14 - Gregory Palamas, Archbishop of Thessalonica (born 1296)
- King Eric XII of Sweden (born 1339)
- Berdi Beg, khan of the Blue Horde
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1359. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1359 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1359
5 children were born to the 6 women born in 1359
21 people died in 1359
786 people lived in 1359
Events of the year 1359 at FamilypediaEdit
18 people were married in 1359.
There were 0 military battles in 1359.