1365 1366 1367 - 1368 - 1369 1370 1371
| Decades: |
1330s 1340s 1350s - 1360s - 1370s 1380s 1390s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1368 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1368 |
|Ab urbe condita||2121|
|Armenian calendar|| 817 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-476 – -475|
|Coptic calendar||1084 – 1085|
|Ethiopian calendar||1360 – 1361|
|Hebrew calendar||5128 – 5129|
|- Vikram Samvat||1423 – 1424|
|- Shaka Samvat||1290 – 1291|
|- Kali Yuga||4469 – 4470|
|Iranian calendar||746 – 747|
|Islamic calendar||769 – 770|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2028|
|Thai solar calendar||1911|
- Timur ascends throne of Samarkand (now in Uzbekistan)..
- Hongwu (also known as Zhu Yuanzhang) establishes the Ming Dynasty in China after the disintegration the Mongol Yuan Dynasty. He immediately ordered every county magistrate to set up four granaries and halted government taxation on books.
- Work begins on the current Great Wall of China.
- Emperor Chōkei accedes to the throne of Japan
- Ramesuan succeeds Ramathibodi I as ruler of Ayutthaya (now southern Thailand).
- Mikhail Aleksandrovich becomes the sole ruler of Tver (now in eastern Russia) after the death of co-ruler and rival Mikhailovich of Kashin.
- Moscow attacks Tver. Tver makes a counter-attack with the aid of Lithuania and the Blue Horde.
- The King of Norway sends the last Royal Ship from Norway to the Greenland Eastern Settlement. This event is part of both the Norse colonization of the Americas and of the History of Greenland.
- February 14 - Sigismund (died 1437)
- December 3 - King Charles VI of France (died 1422)
- Pope Martin V (died 1431)
- Thomas Occleve, English poet (died 1450)
- Robert Merchant, French painter (Born June)
- March 29 - Emperor Go-Murakami, emperor of Japan (born 1328).
- October 7 - Lionel of Antwerp, son of Edward III of England (born 1338).
- Andrea Orcagna, Italian painter, sculptor, and architect.
- Ibn-i-Yamin the 'Persian Puritan', poet.
- Ramathibodi I, ruler of Ayutthaya.
- Ibn Battuta, Arabian traveler.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1368. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1368 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1368
7 children were born to the 4 women born in 1368
26 people died in 1368
775 people lived in 1368
Events of the year 1368 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 1368.
There were 0 military battles in 1368.