1377 1378 1379 - 1380 - 1381 1382 1383
| Decades: |
1350s 1360s 1370s - 1380s - 1390s 1400s 1410s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1380 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1380 |
|Ab urbe condita||2133|
|Armenian calendar|| 829 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-464 – -463|
|Coptic calendar||1096 – 1097|
|Ethiopian calendar||1372 – 1373|
|Hebrew calendar||5140 – 5141|
|- Vikram Samvat||1435 – 1436|
|- Shaka Samvat||1302 – 1303|
|- Kali Yuga||4481 – 4482|
|Iranian calendar||758 – 759|
|Islamic calendar||781 – 782|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2040|
|Thai solar calendar||1923|
- September 8 - Battle of Kulikovo - Russian forces under Grand Prince Dmitri Donskoi of Moscow resist a large invasion by the Blue Horde, Lithuania and Ryazan, stopping their advance at Kulikovo.
- Khan Tokhtamysh of the White Horde dethrones Khan Mamai of the Blue Horde. The two hordes unite to form the Golden Horde.
- September 16 - Charles V of France dies and is succeeded by his twelve year old son, Charles VI.
- Haakon VI of Norway dies and is succeeded by his son Olaf II of Denmark as Olaf IV of Norway.
- Iceland and the Faroe Islands, as a parts of Norway, pass under the Danish crown.
- John Wycliffe and Nicholas of Hereford complete the first heretical English translation of the Bible.
- The Hongwu Emperor purged the chancellor of China, Hu Weiyong, and abolished that office as he imposed direct imperial rule over the Ming Empire.
- February 11 - Gian Francesco Poggio Bracciolini, Italian humanist (died 1459)
- September 8 - Saint Bernardino of Siena, Italian Franciscan missionary (died 1444)
- Jan Zelivsky - Hussite priest (died 1422)
- Johannes Abezier, bishop (died 1424)
- Ghiyath al-Kashi, Persian astronomer and mathematician (died 1429)
- Thomas à Kempis, German monk and writer (died 1471)
- John de Sutton V, English nobleman (died 1406)
- January 5 - Philippa Plantagenet, Countess of Ulster (born 1355)
- April 29 - Catherine of Siena, Italian saint (born 1347)
- July 13 - Bertrand du Guesclin, Constable of France (c. 1320)
- July 26 - Komyo, former Emperor of Japan (born 1322)
- September 16 - King Charles V of France (born 1338)
- Dafydd ap Gwilym, Welsh poet
- Haakon VI of Norway (born 1340)
- Nissim of Gerona, rabbi (born 1320)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1380. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1380 at Familypedia
36 people were born in 1380
12 children were born to the 12 women born in 1380
23 people died in 1380
803 people lived in 1380
Events of the year 1380 at FamilypediaEdit
25 people were married in 1380.
There were 0 military battles in 1380.